Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Friend touched me after "being sick"

My friend has been v*ing since Friday night.. And this morning I was talking to her at school and she touched me.. She hasn't been v*ing since last night but still! She touched my jacket and my arm. I really can't get sick.. I have a wake, funeral, and work this weekend. And I'm really scared.. My emetophobia isn't as bad as it used to be.. But it still scares me! What are my chances of getting sick?

Default Re: Friend touched me after "being sick"

also my emetephobia isn't too bad at all.. Thankfully. I can see someone v*, hear them do it, clean it up (although that's just gross lol) but I just can't do it myself. It's still not that bad.. It's worse than it should be but my emetephobia isn't too bad..

Hopefully she would have showered since! In which case you will be 100% fine. Even if she hadn't... as long as she wasn't sick in front of you it'd be almost impossible to get

You won't get sick from a touch. You can have the virus all over your body but unless it gets inside you, it won't make you sick. And even then, it's not a guarantee that you WILL get sick because your immune system can and does kill a lot of things before they can harm us.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com