Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What about throwing up are you scared of?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Other people doing "it".

2 8.00%
  • Yourself doing "it".

4 16.00%
  • Both of these.

19 76.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I'm afraid of myself throwing up. I'm not really afraid of other people vomiting, except if I can catch it.

Lizzy----[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey!! Good question Lizzy!!

I'm afraid of both.
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

both but i only dont like feeling sick where i cant be sick so i start to panic which makes me feel sick and it goes round in a circle...i cant stand other ppl being ill around me but not because i dont wanna catch nething just cuz it scares the hell outta me

heya,

im afraid of both, and now that my social worker has "cured" me a little bit, im now more afraid of seeing other people sick thanme being sick myself!!! which i thought wud NEVER happen.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey

I put i am afraid of both, but i think i am only freaked out by others V* when i think i can catch it. Self centred i know LOL
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I started out with just a fear of others but unfortunatly I now fear both.

I Know its so wierd, wehn i was younger i was terrified of others doing it, i used to wish i would throw up for them instead!!! but as i got older it changed.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I much more scared of doing it myself. I'll get creeped out when
    someone else vomits but it's not nearly as bad as when I'm sick.

I don't know which came first...It's like the chicken or the egg question for me...Although I THINK it was fear of myself first, I'm not sure though. I just know that I fear both...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I'm definitely more afraid of myself throwing up but if someone is throwing up in my house then that scares the crap out of me because if its a bug then they've just polluted my house with it. Ugh. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I'm afraid of both, BUT I've always sort of prayed that if we're to get sick in my house that I get sick first because then I won't have to wait and wonder if I'll catch it. Is that weird?

That makes perfect sense... the last sick bug that went round my house, I was the last to catch it, almost a full 2 days after everyone else was better... but it actually went on for about a week n a half cuz as soon as one person got better someone else would get sick. Horrific stuff.

Um.. Im afraid of both, but if someones sick from alcohol or drugs or somethin, thats different, cuz I cant catch it. Only I still dont like to be in the room, cuz I hate the sound, n the smell. As long as I can leave the room its okay- I wont really freak unless theyre contageous or I have to watch.

omgosh!! am i the only one who only fears others doing it?? [img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img]ok now i feel like an outkast....
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

I used to only fear othres and didnt care about myself doing it. But Igot really ill around christmas and thats when it started. It si certainly no way near as bad as my fear of others! So you are not alone!!

If I had to pick, I'm afraid more of others doing it. Because if others do it, and the virus didn't come from me, then I am afraid I'm going to catch it. I'm definately more afraid of others doing it.

Both!

Because if i see other people doing it, i automatically think that there is a bug going round, or that the smell or sight of it will make me throw up too! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]YAK!

and haha,,, i just kinda did a burb and a yawn at the same time.. it was weird! haha im sure you wanted to know that everyone [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

very exciting!!

lmfao Louise, never heard of that before.

sneezes and hiccups at the same time are hilarious. infact, hiccups fullstop are hilarious, my trademark phrase is "i'd marry the hiccups if i cud"

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

lol i hate hiccups! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Well actually it was mroe of a yawn and a hiccup! lol

i felt as if i was gonna be sick though, but then i laughed! haha lol i'm weird!

I voted that I fear myself doing it more than others doing it.

I haven't done it since I was about 5, I don't remember what it's like, and it scares me. I have a stomach bug and thought I would last night, I was so afraid. It ended up coming out the other end. We have family over for Easter, but I'm hanging out in my room with the door closed. I miss my old house, where my bathroom was only accessable from my room. I'm worried someone is going to go in my bathroom and a) be in there when I need it or b) make it smell bad so I get nauseous when I go back in there.

I'm weird.