Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry I'm a nervous wreck :( :( :(

Ugh... I don't even know where to begin. I'm a nervous wreck. So much so that I could just cry. We went to church on Sunday as always. By Monday night my mom and grandpa who live in separate houses both came down with the Stomach Flu. I then learned that probably 20 people have had it since Monday. I'm thinking someone came to church still sick on Sunday and contaminated everyone they shook hands with and all these people probably ate out after church and didn't wash or sanitize their hands. Anyway, today my grandma has it now from my grandpa. My mom said it was the worst thing ever. She said she only threw up once but had diarrhea for like 16 hours straight with very little time between bouts. Other people in the church are throwing up from it though.

Tonight I have a concert to go to. Tomorrow I leave for a 2 days retreat with none other than the people in my church. Including my mom who has been sick and some other women who have been sick or have had sick people in their homes this week. I'm a nervous wreck that I'm going to catch it. I probably am safe from catching it from whoever brought it to church sunday since everyone seemed to get sick by monday or tuesday but i'm not safe from catching it from the people that had it and were back in church yesterday. I know my mom was back in church last night. I didn't shake her hand or go near her but she was there. I'm a nervous wreck. There are 50 women going and only 4 bathrooms in this lodge we are staying in. If someone gets sick we are all doomed. I feel doomed already. How can i not feel doomed? I feel like with everyone around me getting it that there is no way around me catching it too... can anyone help me feel a little better. Maybe a positive story about how people in your house had it and you were around them and didn't catch it. I dunno..I need a threat to hold on to before I burst into tears or have a panic attack.

Default Re: I'm a nervous wreck :( :( :(

My son had it Thursday. He's 2. So I was pretty much covered in v* along with my van and house. I know it was a sv because we were around people that had it on Easter. Anyway, today is 7 days past and me and husband haven't gotten it. I don't feel like we've totally dodged it yet but if we held off for this long after actually touching the v* and changing d* diapers, you should be ok if you and others practice good hand washing

I hope so! It's so hard when everyone at my church are so close and we are together all the time and we will be in the same lodge all weekend at a retreat. I'm so nervous people will get it while we are there and 50 women with only 4 bathrooms...it could be a horror movie.

Well if anything happens just assign a sick bathroom that would be the best bet

Oh you're from Cleveland area too! Stupid sv hit us pretty late in the season it's all over now :/

Yeah I'm from the cleveland area too and it seems to be really bad right now. It was bad at work during the winter but now that it's spring it's hit bad at my church and in my own family. If I got sick at retreat you better believe i'd pull my mattress in the bathroom and lock the door and nobody else would be allowed in all night. I'm not going to take a chance of having someone in there when i need to be in there haha. I just really hope i don't get sick. I can wash my hands and do what i need to do to stay healthy as long as i'm not the one that comes down with it. I'd be so embarrased. I don't deal well being sick and I don't want nobody seeing me sick. I haven't been sick for like 8 years... my husband hasn't even seen me sick. I hope it stays that way at least for another 8 years haha.