Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicking at the moment.

I'm very sorry. This is my second time posting and it's again in a panic situation.

Today, at work, a co-worker who I work closely with was having an upset stomach and was in and out of the bathroom all day. I didn't think it was that serious because he was sort of acting normally at least for part of it. Sometimes he'd fall asleep in his chair, etc. But it was weird.

At 3, I found out he'd been sent home finally because he'd been getting sick all day but was refusing to go home before. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning EVERYTHING he could have touched. But I'm so freaked out because I was there with him for quite a bit of the day, interacting with him, sitting near him, talking to him, handing him things. I only used the bathroom at work once. It's a one room so I couldn't avoid going after him and I didn't know how serious it was until way after the fact. I'm so scared because I know I've been exposed probably. I'm in the middle of a bad panic and I'm so scared.

Default Re: Panicking at the moment.

As long as you wash your hands and keep them out of your mouth you should be fine if he had noro. If you like the taste, you can try some purple grape juice. Some say it can prevent noro, some say its a myth. If you like it, it is not something that would hurt you. Try to relax.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    As long as you wash your hands and keep them out of your mouth you should be fine if he had noro. If you like the taste, you can try some purple grape juice. Some say it can prevent noro, some say its a myth. If you like it, it is not something that would hurt you. Try to relax.
    Thank you. I work at a place where things are cleaned frequently and hands are washed frequently. So I always am washing my hands. I don't know if I touched my face or anything like that because I didn't realize how serious the situation was and what I was being exposed to. I took a shower and washed my clothes when I got home. I just find it very hard to shake the feeling of having been contaminated and that is leading to some serious anxiety unfortunately. I did eat while I was there. It's a very small office so everyone is usually very close together. Which is ok normally but not when something like this happens.

I'm going to try some meditation. I appreciate your help very much. I will probably buy grape juice today, too.

Hope you are feeling better sweetie. I know how the anxiety from that feels. Praying for you to stay healthy and be able to rest. Just try and keep calm so that your nerves don't make you feel ill.
    " Take the First step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. "

It's been about 48 hours since I was last around this person. I had to go in to work today but only for a short time with no one else there. I was still careful not to touch anything I didn't have to even though we cleaned everything. I've only eaten toast, grape juice and vitamins since Friday. The anxiety causes stomach upset so other than that, I am only having the on and off panic attacks. Lately, when I have this fear reaction, I become unable to really eat. How much longer is the danger period so to speak? I have to work at his station i.e. use the phone and computer he was. We cleaned it on Friday but I still feel squeamish about returning to work tomorrow and using his equipment.

I am sort of proud that I had plans this weekend and, despite this extreme anxiety, I kept those plans and I didn't let it totally take over my life. It was difficult but I did it.