Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this happen to anyone else?

Do you get different types of nausea?
    this might sound strange, but it's like my body is saying 'this is it, it's different from last time' but nothing ever happens.
    been very N* the past 2 days, but I've been upset/sad after a bad argument and fall out with one of my best friends plus I suffer from anxiety.
    i feel thirsty but after one sip I feel like V* and I've only had a little food today, which made me feel worse when I ate it. It's 12:20 at night and I'm fed up feeling like this!
    ive had no anti V* pills for a few days and I really want them:/

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

Wow Kawaii I know exactly what you mean! I get different types of nausea all the time! Everyday I'm always like "oh boy this is it!" But it isn't. The best I can tell you if it's just in your throat it is probably triggered by anxiety. I have anxiety and I get throat n* almost everyday, the best thing to do is not get worked up because (at least for me) getting worked up leads to gagging. Try chewing gum it helps me a ton with throat n*.
    Also if the n* has lasted for two days straight its probably anxiety. When I had an sv* last year I was feeling sickly so I went to bed and woke up around midnight had one really intense short wave of n* and went to the bathroom and v* almost immediately. When you are actually sick it's not very drawn out it happens rather quickly if you're not actively fighting it.
    Hope this helps <3
    Last edited by Kittycat319; 04-13-2013 at 09:24 PM.

I can usually tell if it's throat n* or not because when it's just throat n* my stomach feels fine.
    When my stomach feels icky I take nausene chewables (they say they work in 4 minutes and they really do)

I do have different types of n*. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a few years ago. So I'm pretty good at telling if my n* is a "I ate a little something I shouldn't have n*" or if it's "okay we have a big problem n*" There is also the "I feel a tad bit sick" and that is usually when I dwell on it and make it worse. Or the only n* which I can cope with is the "you seriously need to eat something" one. Try your hardest to avoid anxiety because those Adrenalin glands are located right near your stomach. It's like god, or whoever the heck you believe in, planned for that to work together.

Yes i get different types of N* usually from anxiety.... I get the throat N too.... bummer it sucks...