Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Lullaby?

Default Lullaby?

A friend and I got to talking when we were younger about what our mums or dads did/said to help us sleep as children. It soon became a group conversation and there are some really lovely (and funny) methods out there!. My mum used to trace around my face with her finger until I fell asleep. To this day my husband can have me asleep in a heartbeat when he does it! Anyone else?
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Lullaby?

Oh wow, my mum used to do that to me too! Across my forehead, down my nose and around my cheeks. Super cute that your husband still does that for you now! x

Soooo calming! I can sort of make myself sleepy by doing it. My mum did it to me when I was really ill in hospital recently and I cried because iI felt suddenly so safe!. Good Mums rock!; )
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

My dad used to stroke one of my eyebrows, like trace it with his finger. That would always send me to sleep and even now if someone strokes them I will start drifting off.

As for lullabys, my mum used to sing me Winnie The Pooh and I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles. Her and my dad had also made up their own song about a Little Red Car that went down the road and different parts of it kept falling off. Like the door would fall off and have to get fixed and then the wheels would fall off and need to be fixed. All I know is it started like this "There was a little red car that went down the road, went down the road. There was a little red car that went down the road, went down the road...". Where it came from I don't know, but I liked it. :P Also, when I was a very small baby, the theme tune from the soap "Neighbours" would alsways stop me from crying and send me back to sleep. I was a weird child. Lol!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe