Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified of norovirus

Please help!! I'm FREAKING OUT. It's Sunday afternoon and as of this morning my sister and nephew have come down with norovirus. I live near them and spent Friday night with them--my nephew and I ate from the same dish of pickles and we played very closely together. I also used their bathroom (I washed hands carefully of course, but maybe not carefully enough). SO SCARED NOW. I read online that the virus can be contagious BEFORE someone is symptomatic so I am losing my mind. Am afraid to eat although my boyfriend just made me some eggs. Is there any medicine I can take to prevent this?? I wish I could just go to sleep for 48 hours and miss the entire window of getting ill. Wondering if ANYONE has any advice???

Default Re: Terrified of norovirus

If you spent friday with them i think you're in the clear. if you had been there sunday morning, then I'd be more worried, but you should be good. Just keep washing the hands and steer clear of all them until it's been a week since the LAST family member had it. hang in there!

Thank you! But is there any medicine I can buy OTC to have on hand in case symptoms do start or that I can take preventatively? Really really freaking out. (Also worried that my boyfriend who was also there on Friday night and ate from the same pickle dish and used their bathroom will get it and we'll keep passing it back and forth).

What about drinking welch's grape juice? I think I read that you should drink 3 glasses a day. Just keep up with your hand washing and you should be good. Hope you are doing well!

Unfortunately theres no medicine, but theres only anti emetic tablets for nausea which u can buy over the counter or prescribed by the doctor, but if u just spent friday with them i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

try the grape juice, it cant hurt, it may work, it may not, but its worth a shot. Although, i'm sure you will be fine, as they probably picked it up Sat anyway?

Oh man... I'm going through the exact same thing but my friend felt sick and left my house and went to her own and said she was really really sick so I'm so terrified it's noro and I mean we weren't like licking the same spoon or anything but we WERE touching the same stuff like pens/computer and eating I'm actually shaking I'm so scared

Oh I TOTALLY feel your pain!! I have been sooo scared so many times. But since you weren't directly kissing her/eating off her plate, etc. I think you should be FINE. Also, she was with you BEFORE she became symptomatic which pretty much guarantees she wasn't contagious then. How are you feeling now? I actually just got back from my sister's house for the first time in 2 weeks--I was STILL totally on edge because I know people can still be shedding the virus for 2 weeks after---so I've been paranoid/washing hands a lot etc. It's so frustrating to deal with this constant fear. At least we know we are not alone! Let me know how you are doing, mess_of_a_dreamer!

I'm okay haha She actually had a cold and was breathing on me and now I have a cold but hopefully that's all? I think she's okay now too