Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face I hate being an Emet...

I so hate being an Emet. I had a successful weekend though! I went to the Ladies Retreat at work even though I was a nervous wreck. 3 members of my family had been sick and a lot of people in my church. I was so afraid to go down to the retreat because there are 50 women there and 4 bathrooms. Had any of us caught it then it would have been horrible. I prayed about it and went anyway. Thankfully nobody got sick!! I did avoid my grandma's house since her and my grandpa both have had the stomach flu and I didn't go to my parents house because my mom has had it too. I felt bad avoiding them but I couldn't add more stress to my life this week because I've been stressed for 2 weeks now over this flu crap. During Easter my nephew was sick and then this past week my grandma, grandpa and mom. I felt super exposed. I think my issue is that they were all feeling great and it hit them out of nowhere and that totally freaks me out. I like to be in control and know when things are going to happen. It scares me that you can go to bed feelign great and wake up super ill and be up all night

My mom had it last Tuesday and my grandparents finally got over it around Thursday evening. I am avoiding their houses until at least Sunday. I hope this is the end of it and nobody else comes down with it... It's so hard to be emet and have this on my mind all the time.

Default Re: I hate being an Emet...

*hugs* I'm glad you went to the retreat in spite of your fears. Life's too short to spend it all at home. I know it's hard to believe, but one day, it will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    *hugs* I'm glad you went to the retreat in spite of your fears. Life's too short to spend it all at home. I know it's hard to believe, but one day, it will be better.
    Amen to that!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Great job!

I'm glad everything went fine! I know it's very hard to avoid family and friends when they have sv and a few days after that. We all hate that!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Good on you for feeling the fear and doing it anyway! Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Thanks everyone! Now I did something even riskier and I'm nervous but it's done and it can't be undone. My mom made spaghetti and pepperoni rolls for dinner and made me come get the left overs. She was sick a week from tomorrow so going into their house and eating anything she made was risky. I'll be nervous all week now...ugh. I'm trying not to be nervous but I kind of am. She's very clean and has always washed her hands after using the bathroom and before cooking so I doubt there is anything to worry about but I'll worry anyway because thats what I do...

I'm happy you had a good weekend. I know how you feel. I avoid a lot because of emet. I've been going against my fear and going back to the gym. I'm not scared about me, I'm very cautious especially in a place like that. But they have kid care and we use it about once a week. So I fear for my kids. When I get them I immediately put hand sanitizer on their hands and wash hands as soon as we get home. I'm thinking of not using it anymore. 1. Because of my emet and 2. Because my baby freaks out so bad when we leave him and I feel bad, he starts to get nervous as soon as we get there because he knows were going to leave him, it's so sad.

I'm sure you eating at your parents will be ok. I'm assuming the food was fresh and not sitting there while they were sick. I avoided my grandma for 2 weeks and was still nervous when she came by. I know she doesn't clean with chemicals and she told me the doctor said it was just a virus. Well JUST A VIRUS!!! Apparently my school teacher grandma doesn't know much about viruses. If I wasn't a mom and had the Internet I probably wouldn't either.
    Sorry for rambling. Hope your ok now.