Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default cant describe how nausea feels?

hard to explain but its puzzled me for awhile tbh!
    some ppl describe it as a stomach feeling but for me its not. not a throat feeling either just a 'sick' feeling? which overcomes you sometimes can overcome you like a sudden wave of sick feeling...which sucks

if i felt 'sick to my stomach' as they say and it was a stomach feeling id prob feel that way you do before you get d*. n* is just different to me, different to stomach pain different to d*
    interested in opinions on this!

Default Re: cant describe how nausea feels?

I'd say there were different kinds of n* depending on the situation. The one I get quite often is what I call 'that sinking feeling'.. It kind of reminds me to the feeling you get if you go on a fairground ride, one of the ones that drops you suddenly only it's usually much more subtle, almost always get that feeling when I'm nervous. Interestingly for me though, if I had to pin point a 'hot spot', like the area where it comes from inside me, I'd say it's sort of right in the centre (depth wise) of my stomach.

Default Re: cant describe how nausea feels?

The main kind of nausea I get is 'throat nausea' It feels like there is either a lump in my throat or I feel 'gaggy' if that makes any sense. I only get that type of nausea from anxiety, but the other type of nausea I can't really describe because I rarely ever get it