Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared of my baby!!!

I'm new on here.. Ive suffered from emetophobia for years now.. so happy to find this site!!!!Feeling very anxious!!!! My little 8 week old baby just had her immunisation for rotavirus. I didn't realise that there was a chance of catching the bug until the nurse warned me to be careful changing her nappy because she can get gastro symptoms. Then of course I rushed home to google all I could about it. I've seen people write how after their baby's vaccine, it was passed on to there other children. Not to kiss them on the lips, and to be carful for at least 10 days after! It's only been a few hours, and I'm already anxious!! Does anyone know how contagious it is. And has anyone experienced the same thing?

Default Re: Scared of my baby!!!

they have to warn people about all possible things that may happen, but that doesn't mean they will happen. When my daughters got their chicken pox shots, one got one pox and the other got nothing. Neither of my girls got rota from the shots. Even if on the off chance she does get rota from the shot, most grown ups are immune to it. It's not something most people over 5 get, because they got it when they were under five. I hope this helps.

STOP GOGGLING

Rota, adults are immune, she is vaccinated. No reason not to kiss baby. My son prob had rota, hubby and I did not get sick. My daughter had the vaccine. no one got sick.

Follow normal protocol to wash hands good after diapers.

Please get help for emet if you have not done so already. It does not have to keep you from enjoying your baby. You may want to keep a watch out for ppd since people with anxiety disorders and other issues can be prone to it.

HUGS It will be ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

My baby had rota in February. No one else caught it...not even my other kids (the older they are, the less likely they are to catch it). And I've known lots of kids that got the rota shot and none of their other kids got it.

Thanks so much everyone for your support!!!!!! Xxxx

My kids had the rota vaccine. Theirs was oral, not a shot. I did not catch anything from them.

Kiss that baby!!! And stop googling!!!!!

Congratulations!