Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Have you had the sv this season? (Say since last October)

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 23.91%
  • No

35 76.09%

Question Have you had it this season?

Dearly beloved emets:

I'm curious as to how many of us have had the sv this season (like since October or whatever) and if so, the experiences? The grand victories? How you feel about it now?

If not, are you greatly relieved? Way are your thoughts? I know at the season isn't quite over yet unfortunately.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Have you had it this season?

As for me, (knock on wood) I haven't acquired the virus. I feel blessed about that, still worried about the rest of the season. Sometimes I wish I could just get it in like October ad be guaranteed immune for the rest of the year! Wouldn't it be worth it? I think so.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

It's kind of funny, I'm not sure if I had it or not, my 2 year old had it with v* and d* on April 4, the next day I ran a 101 fever and had a few bm but no d* or even n*. If that was the extent of it for me i feel very relieved especially because I'm 33 weeks pregnant. It's been 2 weeks as of today since he was sick, so I'm hoping if I was going to get sonething more I would've by now. Especially considering I was v*ed on, my house had it in every room, he even got the car, that's where it began. But you brought up an interesting point, if I could choose the day and time at the beginning of the season and have guaranteed 100% immunity the rest of the season, I might just do it. It would be worth not having to live every day with anxiety about whether you will or not!

I caught it from my kids in November (give or take). Was really N* and had D* continuously for three days But I never V* The experience wasn't nearly as horrible as I always imagine it. I usually get sick every year when its the season. But its always all the symptoms, minus the V*.. Haven't V* in 15 years!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

So far so good. The problem is that i'm worried because my family came down with it just last week. My mom, grandma and grandpa all had it last week. I don't live with them but i felt like it hit too close to home for comfort. I don't feel out of the woods yet. I'm hoping i can get through the season vomit free though!!

No, not this season, at least not yet..it's still going around my area.

In fact, I don't get it every year, even when I am not sanitizing constantly. I had a mild bug around Christmas 2009, and before that the last time was 2003. I worked in a school at the time, too.

As far as I'm concerned, I got it twice. In november I had n*, d*, v*, and a mild fever for about 12 hours for the first time in 10 years. In January, I had n* and d* for 12 days straight but no v*.

I'm still paranoid that I'm going to get it again even though it's unlikely (I think? ) It's been a rough season, I'm ready for it to be OVER.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have not had it. I am not really emet careful with my handwashing. I mean, I wash them after I use the bathroom and at work after I've handled dirty dishes and such. I don't use hand sanitizers because they flare up my eczema. I have been fine! If there was a thread like this 3 years ago, I wouldn't even of responded with fear that I will "jynx myself" but I don't feel that way or believe in that anymore. It is what it is!

Both me and my Mum just never get them whereas both my Dad and younger brother have sickly stomachs, but they rarely suffer colds. Me and my Mum get colds and fevers more frequently.

Perhaps we have something in us that makes us less susceptible? Even when my brother and Dad are ill with an SV we just never get it, of course we do the normal celaning after something like that but we don't obsessively clean every surface with bleach. Hmm...

Anyone else found they have stronger stomachs?

Had it 2 times once in dec and again in jan...didnt V just super N and had a low grade fever....

Happy to say no I have not. *knocks wood*

I had it twice, the first time in November, I v*d twice but was fine the next day.
    The second time was in February, despite the fact I didn't v* that was the worst case of sv I have ever had, the n* was borderline painful it would not go away, I think it lasted nearly 2 weeks.

I had it in December and then again a couple of weeks ago. We also had it in June...our whole family got it really badly in a hotel at Niagara falls. I hadn't v'd in 24 years and I did that time. When I got it in December I had stomach cramps, d and fever. When I had it a few weeks ago I just had stomach cramps. My baby was v'ing and had d. And my husband had it yesterday through today...so I'm hoping I don't get it again. I usually only get it once every 2 to 3 years or longer.

I had gastritis and colitis (noro was never the term used) in November. I was more n* than I have ever been in my entire life I think. It was horrible. Shaking, fever, horrible cramps, bloating, burning, d*. Pure misery.

Nope, and no one in my family caught it either.

I must have a very high tolerance against noro, as I've only had it once in my life, which was over 6 years ago. I remember last January at work (when I worked at McDonald's) an incredibly nasty norovirus was making its rounds in the workplace. It took out my co workers one by one without mercy (there was one day when 13 or 14 people called in!) and I was sure I was going to get it. I didn't. As it turned out, I was the ONLY person working there who didn't catch it.

It could have been a stroke of miraculous luck, but maybe I have a much stronger immune system than the average person.

Yes, I got it in February when my 4 year old brought it home from school. She started with it early Saturday morning, DH caught it late Sunday night (well technically Monday morning I guess since it was 3am), my youngest caught it on Wednesday but only threw up once, and I caught it Thursday morning. I didn't throw up or have diarrhea, but I think that's due to the fact that when my daughter came down with it, I pretty much stopped eating for a week.....there couldn't have been hardly anything in my system at all. Plus, when I felt my stomach was really sore Thursday morning, I took a Gravol right away. I did have a fever though, and horrible body aches. It lasted 14 hrs before I started feeling better. I was in bed all day long.

No, thanks God, and I really hope I won't get it to the end of this year (and never!)
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I think so, after my son had it in January.
    Life is so worth living.

Yes we all had it in early dec. Took every ounce of willpower i had + loads of zofran to not V. Seriously the worst cramps and nausea ive had in years. Now were all down with a horrid cold.

Nope. Nor has anyone else in my family. They have never had a SV ever since I had it 9 years ago and they caught it. This is going to sound really harsh and I'm sorry but I'm so glad that they don't work or anything like that. I would have had it several times by now if my parents and my sister was working. Especially my sister since she doesn't wash her hands AT ALL.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

No, one son had it 2x and hubby once, but DS2 and I have avoided it so far!

think i had to at xmas woke up about 6am feeling like was goin to *v but didnt very *n and *d for two days high fever, chills shaking but no *v... dont know if it was me controlling it read you can make your mind prevent you from *v. or i just have good immunity

If you had asked me yesterday the answer would have been no. Unfortunately, I have it today. I guess it is to be expected since I work in a daycare.

I've had something TWICE this winter!

I had v*, d* and nausea starting the day before Christmas Eve. Hubby got it on Christmas Day and my Mother-In-Law on Boxing Day . Fortunately, my kids didn't! I think I got that one from school ( I'm a teacher ).

In early February, my daughter got a bad d* bug that lasted 8 days! I got it and I had he most severe nausea I have ever ad, but no v*. My daughter then passed it on to my Mom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ruhligv View Post
    Dearly beloved emets:

I'm curious as to how many of us have had the sv this season (like since October or whatever) and if so, the experiences? The grand victories? How you feel about it now?

If not, are you greatly relieved? Way are your thoughts? I know at the season isn't quite over yet unfortunately.
    I haven't, for 3 years. I have had the flu though last year in JULY. Yes, JULY. I also caught it this year at the end of January, the end of February AND AGAIN just a few days ago at the end of April.