Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety gas tips required

Hey guys,

So tonight I'm really struggling with upper intestinal gas which I seem to get when I'm anxious about getting ill. Whether its a virus that's going to kill me or I think I may have food poisoning or noro - I seem to get gassy.

Tonight I've been feeling really tired and a little woozy and I'm worried I've got a virus that might kill me. I did actually have a cold/cough/tonsilitis virus last week and was knackered but its gone now. But think maybe because I'm so tired, it's a killer virus and I'll be dead in a few days. I read an article about that happening to a girl recently.

Then I was bought a big three course lunch today which was pretty rich food and my tummy has been digesting since about 2:40pm and with every gurgle and ache, I'm concerned its food poisoning/noro. I've passed a good BM (TMI) a minute ago (which is also a relief it's not the runs!) but because I'm thinking all this doom and gloom stuff, I get anxious and get the burps.

Does anyone have any methods for not getting as anxious from these thoughts?

Thanks

Default Re: Anxiety gas tips required

How are you feeling now i see your post is a couple hours old? As far as the anxiety goes from the thoughts try and distract yourself... remind yourself that 99.99% of the time your not sick that your going to be just fine that our stomachs make noise... It will be ok