Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Here is my panic thread

So I may be totally irrational, but here goes...

I went to the orthodontist this morning to get my lower retainer and instead of the normal one with the metal wire on the front that sort of clamps on your teeth, they give me an Invisaine one. So I put it in and she asks me to pop it back off (which is a HUGE pain in the ass) so I have both hands in my mouth fighting with this thing to get it off totally forgetting I touched the door handle AND check-in computer!! On top of that, the assistant takes the after pics of my teeth with the camera and then touches my retainer which I then proceeded to put in my mouth!!

Not only am I upset with myself for not thinking, I am TOTALLY panicking!!!

Default Re: Here is my panic thread

Hey honey, just think of how incredibly tight the rules are in dentists rooms. My friend is a a dental assistant and you seriously would need to try hard to find bugs there. With rwgards to the check in computer, not many people (emet or no) would want to visit the dentist unwell. Try to relax because your anxiety will get you feel bad. Here if you need to talk! Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: Here is my panic thread

Definately an emet panic mode. You'll be fine. I do the same thing all the time. I had one if those moments tonight. I went to the gas station to get some snacks and smokes. I used the debit machine. Came home broke me off a piece of candy, smoked and then realized I did all that without washing my hands. So your totally going to be ok. And just know your not the only person who thinks that way.