Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Short Little Panic Moment

I was feeling quite nauseated. Felt kinda like hunger. So we were at a cafe and I ordered a garden burger with fries. I ate my burger probably too fast and started to eat fries. I felt full but decided to eat a couple more fries. As I was chewing and was going to swallow I kinda gagged on my food. Usually I'll spit it out in a napkin but I didn't have one and had to swallow my food then got the willies. I hate that. Is anyone else like that or do that? It's so grose my kids do it too.

Default Re: Short Little Panic Moment

Yup I do that A LOT! When I am full my stomach will not let me it anymore. In fact I wouldn't even be able to swallow. I would have to go spit it out fast. It is so weird.

Default Re: Short Little Panic Moment

I typically don't let myself eat to that point. Sometimes it happens though because I don't normally know how much my tummy can take. And typically I do spit it out. But there was 5 of us with 4 table settings. So I had no napkin and I won't spit out on my plate :-(