Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Losing it, possible FP

I am beginning to lose it. I ate some shrimp shumai which to those that do not know, is a dumpling make with minced shrimp and veggies. They are very small. I ate about 6 of them. My 8 yr old son had 2. I was a bit suspcious of them because they looked like they had been sitting in the warmer for a while. they were a bit dried out on the outside. They tasted fine. My son loved them. About 2 hours after i ate them my stomach started cramping a little and then a lot and then i got nauseated. I have felt the need to go to the bathroom but it hasnt been D. I was thinking that might be because i am always constipated. I got really nauseated and took a zofran. Still nauseated, still feeling the need to go to the bathroom. I have the shakes and i am freezing. THe nausea is coming in waves. I havent had fp since i was like 7 or 8 years old. I dont know what signs to look for. I havent been feeling bad enough to panic for quite some time. I was actually proud of myself. So i think i am starting to understand panic nausea vs the real thing. At least i thought i was. I also thought that since i didnt feel sick everyday like i normally do I was getting better about this. I obviously am not.
    So can anyone shed some light on fp for me? if it is fp will my son get it? he only ate 2 of the little things. I ate 6. They are about as big around as a US quarter and about an inch or inch and a half thick. They were kept in a warmer possibly all day at a store. Also, will zofran stop you from Ving if you have fp? is it ok to not V. Can you get it all out the other end?

Default Re: Losing it, possible FP

When I got fp years ago, I woke up very sick and had both v* and d* then felt sick for a few hours after and that was it. But my husband got in once and was only sick once then just felt off for a while... so I think you can have varying degrees. So I think if you only ate a small amount, and you have already been feeling sick for a while with out v*ing plus taking the zofran I think it is totally possible and even likely for you to get through this and not v* (if it is in fact fp)... and I do think that you can get it all out the other end. Also I have no idea about whether it would affect your son... it could be that the ones he ate were fine.. but I imagine if he did eat ones that weren't even only 2 would probably give him at least an upset stomach. Or this could be you feeling a bit of indigestion with the idea in your head that they might not have been good, and what started out as regular indigestion could be combined with panic nausea.. which could panic you more making you feel even sicker.. you know how it goes... So I wouldn't rule that out. Anyway, I hope you feeling better by now!