Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just a quick introduction

Hi, I'm Garry.

Forgive me if this isn't the right place for introductions, but I couldn't seem to find a specific forum for introductions, so I'll leave it to a mod to decide if it belongs in this forum.

I'm 17 years old and have been suffering with emetophobia since I was 11 - I won't describe the traumatic event that triggered my emetophobia however, as it makes me feel nauseous thinking about it so I'll just cut straight to the chase.

In the past year, my anxiety had been getting worse and the panic attacks had been approaching more often as time went by; I had panic attacks maybe once or twice a month. It wasn't such a massive deal to me at first, as I could cope with it, but as time progressed, it gradually became worse, and now I'm having panic attacks daily.

About a month ago, during the umpteenth panic attack I was having, I started thinking I was abnormal, that I'd never be able to control my phobia or anxiety, and I broke down in tears thinking that my whole life was going to be ruined; my anxiety had already driven me out of college and is preventing me to this day from finding a job (I've been at home doing nothing for about 5 months now).

I'm so glad I found out about this website, as it was reassuring that there are a lot of others suffering with the same problem as me. Skimming through the forums, I felt so relieved to find that a lot of people were recovering from emetophobia due to the fact that I thought I could never escape it.

I've been looking at the Emetophobia Recovery System with my mom, and we've both agreed that it sounded like a great stepping stone on my way to curing it!

I wish everybody luck in their endeavours to curing this unpleasant phobia, and if you'd ever like to chat about anything, don't be afraid to message me

Regards,
    Garry

Default Re: Just a quick introduction

Howdy Garry, there is an introduction sticky in the general private forum. Don't worry though, you can throw an introduction in an odd place here and there, and we'll still be happy to read it. Sorry to hear you're bummed down man. A lot of us have been right where you are. It's affected all aspects of our lives. I've just gone back to school to finish getting my a.a.s so I can work on my BA next fall. It took its toll on me physically and mentally to the point my house was probably the cleanest most creepy place on earth. You deserve better than this, and anyone who puts you down for it simply doesn't get it.

There is hope for anyone, you can recover at your own pace, and you'll always find a friend here. Peace out
    Life is so worth living.

I'm Sav by the way
    Life is so worth living.

Welcome!!!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)