Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A such thing as harmless vomiting?

Does anyone find it a little less stressful to know why your sick or why someone else is sick? I do this thing where I over analyze everything and I try to figure out "why" as if that would change the fact that V* bothers me. It's something I'm worried about almost all day everyday. When someone says "oh man I feel bad I'm pretty sure it's food poisoning" I find myself a little less anxious yet still very worried n scared. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm starting to think I'm afraid of my own vomit more than other people's because it all comes down to me not wanting to get it n having to throw up too. Well now I'm rambling. I needed to get it out. Suggestions? Thanks for getting this far.

Default Re: A such thing as harmless vomiting?

Completely! If it's noro, then you have the chance of catching it but if it's food poisoning, sure its scary but you can't catch it. I always like to know WHY someone isn't feeling well. Even if they just say the words "I'm not feeling good", i get nervous even though it could be a million things lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elie View Post
    I always like to know WHY someone isn't feeling well. Even if they just say the words "I'm not feeling good", i get nervous even though it could be a million things lol
    My feelings exactly! Or when your at work and someone tells you they were sick over the weekend after they've borrowed half the things from your desk earlier in the day. I immediately am like "oh you had a cold" hoping the answer is yes.
    I'm not feeling good = anxiety n panic
    And then. . . .
    That person excuses themself to the bathroom = wiping down everything on your desk.
    I know the fear is irrational, I just wish I could convince myself I'm fine n not let this run my life.

This is like an exact description of me! Lol

This is how I am too. It's like I do a little investigation trying to figure it out... trying to ask questions all nonchalantly.

Haha! You guys feel my pain! It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

I always wonder what caused someone to v, especially if theyv`e been around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpink View Post
    Does anyone find it a little less stressful to know why your sick or why someone else is sick? I do this thing where I over analyze everything and I try to figure out "why" as if that would change the fact that V* bothers me. It's something I'm worried about almost all day everyday. When someone says "oh man I feel bad I'm pretty sure it's food poisoning" I find myself a little less anxious yet still very worried n scared. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm starting to think I'm afraid of my own vomit more than other people's because it all comes down to me not wanting to get it n having to throw up too. Well now I'm rambling. I needed to get it out. Suggestions? Thanks for getting this far.
    I'm afraid of not knowing what's causing it too. If I have food poisoning or a stomach virus, I'd very much like to know, because I could be prepared and maybe take appropriate, tailored steps to prevent being sick.

That's exactly how I feel. I hate walking in on a conversation half way thru and hearing that so and so was/is sick (seems to happen when I pick up my kids from school!) and then I go into panic mode wondering if my kids had any contact with the sick person.... I do try and find out what sort of sickness it is because I can handle ANYTHING as long as it's not a SV!!!