Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Exposure success

The past few days were difficult ones for my daughter keeley. She has been a cheerleader for the last 5 years and she promised herself that this crippling sickness wouldn't take the only thing she had left ( dance gymnastic school ) have all be stripped by her anxiety . Cheer practice for tryouts began Wednesday it was for 2 hours and keeley hung in there the entire time with a gym full of girls and learned her dance . Last night she struggled to go in and finally did 45 minutes late and only lasted 10minutes before her anxiety took over . In the 29 minutes she did learn her cheer and then left . Tonight was the last practice and she made it the entire time! I was so proud of her and she also made the squad. As we watched the group do the cheer and dance I had tears streaming down my face as I watched her perform flawlessly . When she finished she walked over to me and said I did it I am the winner for today!! I sobbed and said yes you are! This was an Exposure assignment for keeley to attend practice and she did it!

Default Re: Exposure success

Awesome! Congrats to her! I know that took a lot of courage.

Wow!!! That is so amazing! Give Keely a hug for me, she is one brave little girl!

I always read your posts and fin myself emotional because you work so hard to help her. She is very lucky to have you and I know things will get better. You are a great mom!

Big power, little girl! Great job, momma!