Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Off topic, neighbour died

I`m just wondering if any members have had close neighbours die, & how did other people in the neighbourhood react? On thursday the police came & broke down a door on the floor below me, & later on I happened to look out of the window & saw two men loading a body covered up on a strecher into a private ambulance. This has been the second person to die in my block since I moved in, the last time was a young bloke just across the hall from me 6 years ago. I was taling to my next door neighbour today, & I asked her if she knew the person who died, & she wasn`t even aware that anyone had died. That seems a bit sad that no-one took any notice when they were removing the body. People were walking in & out of the block without even looking at the stretcher with the body on it. I suppose he was one of those people you hear about who have no friends or relatives to come & check on them.

Default Re: Off topic, neighbour died

WOW that IS really sad:/ wonder what happened.. That sux
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

That is so heartbreaking. I certainly hope and pray whoever they were they are being loved on in the after life and at peace. I had a neighbor of mine pass away when I was a little girl. She used to babysit for us sometimes, but she didn't have a very special place in my heart, as I remember her being kind of mean to my momma. I still hope she is at peace. A neighbor of mine passed away about two months ago. She was a very sweet lady. I only talked with her a few times, as she used to come sit with my friend and I last summer when we would hang on her lawn. I feel sad she died, but she even knew it was coming as she was very ill. I think it's so important to just give everyone you meet a thought, a positive thought, even if they are a total meanie, because you don't know if they are hurting, feeling unloved/lovable, etc. and to think someone would pass away under such conditions is very sad indeed....
    Life is so worth living.

A few years ago, I noticed my downstairs neighbor's door was slightly ajar for about 3 days, so I called the police because she was very wealthy and I thought the worst. Well, she had collapsed getting out of the shower and been unconscious for an entire week. The police found her totally naked in a pile of her own poo. They medevaced her to a hospital several hours away where she passed away from a staff infection she acquired there. She was going to come home. She was in her mid 80s, so it wasn't a shock. I had some neighbors die down the street recently and I didn't even know it until the family had a huge intrusive estate sale and their customers blocked all the driveways. They were also elderly and received weekly medical vans and oxygen vans. I knew it was going to happen eventually.

My dad died at home as well. I figured it would make his house all scary, but it didn't. My dad was not a scary or mean person in life, so that only makes sense.

Unfortunately, two of my neighbours on both ends have died. Jim & Jill used to live next to me when I was young. I'd often visit their house and Jill would give me crisps or biscuits, and let me stroke their cat Tootsie. Quite a few years ago though, Jim died of cancer, and soon after just when the rest of their family who were staying in London moved back next to my house, Jill got dementia and was left in a wheelchair. Also their cat Tootsie also died (and so did many of their other cats that they subsequently got). And very recently (only a few months ago), I "learnt the death" of my next door neighbour on the other side, Ros, out of "Ros & Ian", the couple who lived their with their daughter Abigail. Ros died after surgery to remove some of her intestines, I think due to intestinal cancer.

My sixteen year old friend died a few weeks back.

Still don't know how, or why. It was devastating, and it was the first death I've ever dealt with. I'm still not really sure how to deal with it, except remember her and always remember that she lived a great life and was one of the kindest people I ever knew.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

This made me so so sad. I truly hope that the person is living on in the afterlife.

This thread depressed me lol. Sorry for your loss. I hope this poor guy had some kind of family.my neighbor died alone in her house years back. My dad had to go into the house and found her little chihuahua curled up on Her dead body so sad. We also found out that she was a hoarder and had tons of crap in her house. This was a shock because she kept the yard immaculate but never let anybody in her house.

I never knew the person that died, but it made me think about being grateful for each day, & pray that I don`t ever wind up like some people, lying dead for weeks on end before being found. there`s no dignoity in that.