Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I have the sv* but without v*...I have a quesiton...

So I am confident that I have the sv because every other teacher who worked in my classroom on Friday is also experiencing it. I have felt off since 12am and it is now almost 7 PM. I have not v* once, or even came close to it. Actually, I have had the sv* many times and I have never v* with it. I always know it is coming because I get these butterflies in my stomach like I am nervous, and I begin to feel weak when I am walking around. I only had d* 3 times, and it was nothing major any of those 3 times. I had eating a bagel, and chicken noodle soup along with a freeze and some jello. Soon after eating my stomach grumbles like crazy, but I keep it in. My question is, why do I get so weak feeling BEFORE I begin to get the d* and why does it continue even though I didn't d* much? It is because my body is using all of it's resources to fight the bacteria, that the rest of me is just weak? I pretty much have to do to work tomorrow, because 2 of my co-workers left their jobs so all of our subs are in use right now. I am also a little worried about feeling weak and fainting because I am 13 weeks pregnant. Ugh. I wish people wouldn't send their children to school sick! Thoughts?

Default Re: I have the sv* but without v*...I have a quesiton...

U think maybe you are experiencing something pregnant related? If not, dont worry..it should be a little better by tomorrow. I never V with sv either, but have plenty of D. sometimes for three days. If you are able to eat and not feel like you are gonna throw up, its strange to think its a sv.. Usually, you would feel tons of nausea:/ but anyway...I really dont think it a good idea to go to work tomorrow. Not just because u will prob still feel a lil yuck..But u would also be putting everyone else at risk.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Default Re: I have the sv* but without v*...I have a quesiton...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypug View Post
    It is because my body is using all of it's resources to fight the bacteria, that the rest of me is just weak?
    Stomach viruses are viruses, not bacteria. As for the weakness, it may not even be a stomach virus. Hundreds of things cause diarrhoea, and a fair few probably also cause weakness. Perhaps your teachers also weren't sick. If it is, then it's clearly just the effects of the virus. All viruses are bound to make you feel a bit weak. In actual fact I've got the flu (at the time of this post) and I feel like s***.