Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad Day

Default Bad Day

Why is it that some days my anxiety is hardly there and other days I feel a nauseous feeling in my throat all day and can hardly eat?! Well this is one of those days. I have barely been able to eat because I feel like gagging whenever I drink or swallow a piece of food. However, I know I'm not actually SICK because I can tolerate the sight and smell of food... pretty sure my stomach is growling as well. It's just this weird gagging feeling I get in my throat whenever I experience anxiety! Not sure why it's so strong today...

I'm a little on edge because last night at dinner I had 2 margaritas and the last time I V* was a morning after having 4 margaritas.... so this was the first time drinking them again. Drank them much slower this time and ate dinner. Was fine all night... this was over 24 hours ago so obviously I am fine but so anxious over it and can't eat because I feel like gagging. Ugh- make it stop!

Default Re: Bad Day

you need to find some distractions to get your mind off the fact that you had the margaritas and what happened when you had them before. that is totally what is causing your n.......i've gotten that way literally hundreds of times because my mind goes into overdrive about things......if you can distract yourself...i do sudoko puzzles, or knit.....something that takes concentration.....to get past that anxiety....

good luck.....good thoughts
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Bad Day

Lauren, you have just described me! For the past 3 weeks I've had almost PERFECT days. No nausea, lots of appetite, sleeping well, and just generally feeling great. However, I started feeling crap yesterday and have been ever since. I felt extremely nauseous last night for no reason whatsoever and I still feel nauseous now a little. I remember a month or so ago when I said to myself 'wow, haven't felt ill in a while now!' then later that night I started feeling really crap. It's SO hard not to think about it but I've been doing all sorts of things in the last 3 weeks and I've been fine. As olschesky said, distraction is key here. ALSO once you accept that it's anxiety and you won't v* then you will feel better. Works for me every time.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"