Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default random stomach ache, don't know the cause--scared

my stomach started hurting in class, right in the middle. it's kind of like the pain I get when I have my period, crampy/achey, taking over the entire area above my belly button. All I ate today was a plum, and I drank some coffee earlier, but I drink coffee every morning. I just went to the bathroom (sorry if TMI) but it was a little loose, and I feel like I still need to go. I'm reallly scared because I don't see what could be causing the pain, unless I caught something. I've never had a stomach virus (knock on wood)...what does it feel like at first? what are it's first symptoms? I have a class at 1 40, I'm scared the pain is gonna progress, but I need to go to class. Ugh, what do I do??

Default Re: random stomach ache, don't know the cause--scared

and now I just had flat out d*....really freaked out

Could be the coffee and fruit. It's a hit and miss with coffee fur me, some days it's bothered my stomach other days its fine. How are you feeling now?

do you think the combination of coffee and fruit would do that? i've never combined the two before (i mean i probably have at some point in my life, but it's rare)---I can't tell how I'm feeling currently...i'm anxious so any stomach ache i currently have could be caused by that. the crampy feeling is mostly gone, but i'm afraid it's gonna come back. i feel like it's only temporarily gone just because i just went to the bathroom. i'm not n* or anything, just very scared..

It's definitely a possibility, fruits and coffee are both stimulants that get your bowels moving! So both at once might just be pushing things through a little too fast, which can also cause cramping/pain. And if you're not n along with it I would def rule out sv, usually n is one of first symptoms before d even happens.

Probably not a SV - if you feel generally ok and no n*. If you've not had anything to eat or drink apart from fruit and coffee I would almost definitely put it down to that - both of those things loosen the bowels. Alot of people get d* every now and again and it doesn't mean they are ill. D* is a very common occurrence and can be down to any number of things: diet, anxiety, medication, periods, etc... The best thing you can do is maybe take some anti-d* if you want to stop the d* (though some people prefer nature to take its course), and eat something - your stomach is probably in need of it... Have something simple and bland like some crackers or some salted crisps. If you haven't got n* there's no need to be anxious. I know it's easier said than done but you will get through this - bet you will be fine in a few hours and wonder what you worried about! x

thanks for the response! i'm feeling better, although my stomach sort of feels tight...not sure what that means