Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposure...?

Default Exposure...?

UGH. Today at work I was in one office which is a room of it's own but the walls are very thin so you can hear everything going on in the adjacent rooms. Today I was sitting at my desk when I heard the woman in the office next to mine coughing horribly (didn't hear v*). I looked through the window and saw her down on the floor at the foot of her desk and leaning over her trash can. But didn't see her v*. Anyway...I of course RAN out of the room with all my stuff and didn't come back after that. But now I feel horribly contaminated and afraid that when I ran outside of my office to leave I may have inhaled (her door was open to the hallway)...even though that was about 8 feet away from her and I was running. what do you think? Am I being unreasonable?I literally feel doomed...

Default Re: Exposure...?

Don't feel doomed! She might not have v* and if she did, the particles wouldn't have reached you. You'll be okay

Default Re: Exposure...?

Thank you for being so reassuring