Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling really off today, would like some reassurance...

Two nights ago, my manager felt sick to her stomach, and v* at least once while she was at work. I was immediately next to her for about 5 hours of my shift. I've felt really off today, almost 48 hours later. This morning I had a loose bm. Earlier when I was at work, I had heartburn so bad that I had to sit down for like 10 minutes just to feel well enough to do anything. The only things I've eaten today are a bagel, a salad, bread, a banana, and a cookie. I'm not sure whether I'm actually n* right now or just hungry, but I'd just like some reassurance

Default Re: Feeling really off today, would like some reassurance...

I'm sure you are fine and it is just a mixture of your anxiety and hunger reacting! This happens to me quite often and I barely eat some days... just some cheese and pieces of lunch meat sometimes. By the end of the night I am feeling quite nauseous and I find if I eat something the nauseous feeling totally disappears and my anxiety drops. It's a horrible cycle. I also find that if you can tolerate the site, smell, and thought of food going down then you are not really nauseous.... and if it goes down with no problem you should be fine. Try to eat something light. Small sandwich maybe? Soup?

Default Re: Feeling really off today, would like some reassurance...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren9588 View Post
    I'm sure you are fine and it is just a mixture of your anxiety and hunger reacting! This happens to me quite often and I barely eat some days.
    Lauren said it the best... i hope you feel better soon!!