Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It happpened (might be graphic)

Last night, I felt off, but I didn't think anything of it. Fast forward several hours, where I was experiencing waves of nausea which would come and recede after I got things under control. I asked my dad to buy me some anti nausea medicine, and while I was waiting for him to come back, I felt nauseous again. Of course, I tried to fight it, but I went into the bathroom just in case. This was a wise decision, as about 5 seconds later, I puked. I didn't even have time to panic.

Since then, (TMI, sorry) I've puked 5 times and had 4 completely liquid craps. I'm not sure if its food poisoning or the stomach flu, but I can say I conquered my fear somewhat. I didn't feel scared between each session, just annoyed.

I can keep water down, but not solids, and quite frankly, I'm getting really pissed off. Also, my mom says it might be vertigo, since whenever I stand up, I get really dizzy and feel sick.

Maybe I'm not as phobic as I thought? Between each session, instead of panicking, I thought, "Oh, joy. Time to puke again. Let's get it over with." That being said, however, I'm still deathly afraid of getting sick in public.

Default Re: It happpened (might be graphic)

YEAH, Kick emets a.... Feel better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

You are most likely dizzy BECAUSE you're sick. Not the other way around. Anyway, you are handling it very well!! Hope u get better very soon
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    YEAH, Kick emets a.... Feel better soon
    I don't understand "Kick emets a....". It sounds like an unfinished sentence.

She is saying "Kick emets ass'...But censoring it.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Kickin' emet right in the donkey! Hee-haaawwww.

Yoshi, it's good to exam your phobia as it applies to you. We're not all on the same level i.e, I fear others in general more than myself. You seem to fear being ill in public which can be related to a social phobia as well. Regardless, you did excellent.
    Life is so worth living.

Ohhhhhhh! I see. It's because she didn't put an apostrophe before the "s" in emets (which should be there). That's why I misunderstood, and she put dots intead of asterisks as her censoring symbols. It was a recipe for a misunderstanding.

Good for you
    I can't imagine myself in that situation! And hope you're better now
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Yes, I feel better now.

I actually don't have social phobia of any kind, as I'm not bothered by crowds and I can talk to people I don't know with relative ease.

Since I only get puke sick about once every 7 years, I think I'll be good for quite a while. Still, I fear getting sick in public, because I'm afraid someone might see it (or even worse, videotape it). I know a lot of people like having someone with them while they are sick, but I prefer to do it alone. I don't want anybody to see me puke, just like how I wouldn't want anybody to see me take a dump.

The only people on earth who have seen me puke are my parents, and those incidents mostly occurred when I was a kid.

Wow good for you being able to think about it - while, err - doing it! It's so awesome that you can out it in context and not be so afraid of it and realize its annoying/not devastating. I understand why v* in public would suck - it would - but I know you could also survive it. Well done you!

well done!!

Keep up the positive attitude.

I v* a few years ago and thought I had conquered my fear also. However my fear resurfaced just a few months after.

Stay strong and get well soon!

Wow.

It's nice to hear that you were capable of handling it. It kind of gives me a bit of inspiration that it won't be as bad as I keep thinking it will be. I would hope that when it does happen, it doesn't happen as many times as it did for you, but according to your description, you got to a point where it was just annoying and not terrifying. I would just hope that when it does happen for me, I will overcome my fear...

I feel as though I have a fear of doing it in public as well. It's just embarrassing, and I know for a fact that I would be freaking out and crying. I wouldn't want anyone to watch me do all of those things. Sometimes I find myself thinking about it while I'm in public, thinking things like, "What if I did it right now?" I know for a fact that I would rather be at home. Being in public would make me even more frantic. But anyways, good for you for being strong and accepting it. I hope that your emetophobia goes away now.

I'm curious, after you vomited the first time, did you feel unafraid to vomit again? Because I remember that I'd always think I wasn't afraid anymore after I vomited the first time. It didn't last though...

To answer your question, I was terrified right before it happened the first time, and I tried to fight it for as long as I could. As it was actually happening, I was strangely okay with it, probably because I was shocked that I had actually gotten sick.

In the next episodes, no, I wasn't afraid in the slightest. Episode number two occurred when I was in the shower (my dad said a hot shower might help me feel better). I was washing my hair when I felt it coming on, so I crouched down and barfed. It was just a little bit though. Afterwards, I stood up, said, "Oh, fuck you." (to myself, I was angry that I was having to experience this) and continued to wash my hair.

In case your wondering, I had food poisoning, not noro.