Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anyone else?

Default Anyone else?

Anyone else get post-period cramps, or stomach troubles?? After breakfast my stomach started getting crampy and had to use to bathroom (not D) but im afraid It will get worse! i hope its from PMS and nothing else scared

Default Re: Anyone else?

Oh yes, I'm actually going through it now. Don't worry, just stay calm and relaxed!

I dont actually have periods and haven't done for six years due to birth control but I do still go through the motions.. My tummy always plays up when its 'that time' and I can spend up to a full week thinking there's something wrong with me, only to realise its PMS causing it!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for reassurance! Ugh it sucks! Like periods already suck but to still have cramps and stuff after its over?! How annoying! I just took immodium just so it won't happen lol

LaurenCasey yeah a month or 2 ago my period didn't even come and I still had the symptoms! Ughhh so aggravating

Oh yes having that right now. Your right having the cramps is enough, but having tummy trouble on top of it stinks! But it is hormones.....:-( Hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenCasey View Post
    I dont actually have periods and haven't done for six years due to birth control but I do still go through the motions.. My tummy always plays up when its 'that time' and I can spend up to a full week thinking there's something wrong with me, only to realise its PMS causing it!
    What birth control are you on, I WANT IT! Hahaha.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeshine View Post
    What birth control are you on, I WANT IT! Hahaha.
    I don't get periods either and I'm on microgestin FE 1/20 (also known as Junel - they're the generic form of Loestrin 24 FE)

It's not the same for every woman, but lower dose BC pills like these are more likely to reduce or eliminate your period.

Thanks Copper816

Ok, y'all have convinced me to get on BC! Lol. K10 does yours make you nauseous or make you gain any weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Amandaalee1 View Post
    K10 does yours make you nauseous or make you gain any weight?
    Nope! I was nervous about that too. No side effects though other than not getting my period, and a little cramping when I would have had a period. (Nothing that a tylenol couldn't solve). I definitely recommend LoEstrin/Microgestin/Junel .. (they're all the same thing!)

Remember everyone reacts to BC pills differently though! Sometimes you have to try multiple brands because what's perfect for one woman can be terrible for another woman.

I started on the Depo Provera(sp?) which is the injection you have once every 11 weeks, I had absolutely NO side effects and my period stopped pretty much straight away but you can only be on it for so long so I had to change last year and had the implant put in which I think lasts 3 years? I have no idea, how bad is that!? Haha! You can have the implant removed at anytime and apparently your periods and everything go back to normal pretty much straight away. The only side effect I THINK I've had from the implant is spot breakouts but it could be from my atrocious diet too!! Don't believe too many of the horror stories about these methods, not saying people don't have the odd side effect but I do think people focus on the negative and psychologically bring on/make side effects worse. Remember, people are quick to spread bad news rather than good news! Ive been on both methods and have had NO problems at all, only good things like er, NO PERIODS haha! I personally can't recommend either of these methods enough! They have been a god send and I've saved myself a fortune in sanitary products and pain relief, ha!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh and I went for these options as it meant taking no pills I can't swallow them and would never remember, I'm useless! I guess I chose the lazy route, haha!

I get after period cramps almost every month. Don't worry, it sucks but it's harmless

I used to take BC to control my periods (way out of whack) and I never had any side effects from the pill, but I DID from the patch. As in v*. A lot.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

K10, LaurenCasey
    Good to know y'all haven't had any problems! I think I would be better off with the depo shot or implant because there's no way I could remember to take it everyday either, I'm on the lazy route too! Haha
    I'm gonna go see my gyno next week and see why she thinks is best for me to take! Thanks for all the advice ladies!