Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help....have i been exposed, very nervous

I am posting in both Help forums, because I am so nervous.

So last night I went to dinner with my grandson & his mom. My grandson was eating just fine and acting fine. He is 2. You know how 2 year olds are, he was climbing all around me, hugging and kissing on my cheek. But acted just fine last night. Well I just talked to his mom and he has now been throwing up all night. When I left their house about 8 last night, he was just fine. I know that you have to be exposed to the actual *V particles to catch it right???? Even though he was hugging & kissing on me last night? He ate from my plate too, but I was finished eating, so I never ate after him. I'm so scared. My stomach is starting to rumble with anxiety. Have I been exposed? Are they contagious before they *V? I hate this phobia.

Default Re: Help....have i been exposed, very nervous

To be exposed you have to come into contact with particles of v or d. You should be just fine.

Sorry the bugger is feeling ill

By the way, young kids can get Rota which adults are usually immune to. Noro season is about over.

HUGS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Thank you Cynna. Part of my thinking knows that...but the irrational, anxiety part of my thinking panics that I was exposed. Know what I mean? I appreciate you responding. I really needed someone to help me calm down. I so hate it that he is sick as well. He just battled this about 6 weeks ago and the poor guy battled *V and *D for about 3 weeks before he got over it. I am starting to wonder if he has something else going on. I sent you a message on chat too. Sorry, I was so anxious needed to talk to someone.

I think you should be fine, especially because the v came after you saw them.

A friend invited my family to dinner on Sunday without letting me know her toddler had v that morning. By Monday night my husband and both kids had it. I was freaking out and panicking all night trying to clean and sterilize. I felt horrible yesterday with n but no v. Everybody seems better now, but I can't stop cleaning and worrying. So far so good, though.

Good luck.

Oh NYMommy I'm so sorry. I'm glad everybody seems better now. I know what you mean, its hard not to worry and stop cleaning. Thank you for the response. Hang in there.

Thanks Cooper816. It's better now that it seems to be behind us. But I'll still be nervous for a few days. I hate this. I hope you're okay and that your little grandson is better soon.

Oooohhhh im sorry. My mom was sick just the other night with v and as much as i love her i couldn't stay to take care of her. I started feeling n just knowing she was home sick. So i took some promethazine which I'm afraid im now addicted to. This medication makes the n go away but ot makes me very drowsy. Well at work i was so tired from the pill that i just wanted to get away from customers so i decided to go on a delivery for a commercial account. My boss was worried and didnt want to let me go because it was so hard to keep my eyes open. Well i told him i would be fine and went about my way. Bad idea. I kept falling asleep at the red lights. So i called my cousin to have her keep me in conversation so i would stay awake. While at a red light a lady in a white suv slammed into the back of my delivery car. I was so out of it i wasnt sure what happened. My cousin was still on the phone worried since she had heard the collision. Wasnt hurt to bad just extremely sore. So now im stuck at home in the house with my sick mom. I feel trapped. As sore as i am i have to get up an clean. My mom thinks it was food poisoning. I know i can get what she has but the thought of her v makes me think i will. I hate it. I feel your pain. Have you thought about tryinh the recovery program?

UGH, now my grandson's baby sitter is sick. She posted on facebook this morning that she is so sick with the tummy bug. She is keeping him this morning also and he was sick through the night. Now I'm trying to figure this out. She watched him Monday & Tuesday, he was sick last night and she is sick this morning. He didn't get sick around her. I'm worried now even more. I know you have to be around the *V or *D when it happens to have been exposed, I just can't figure out now how the babysitter is sick. The other kids she keeps haven't been sick that we know of. Any advice out there? Should I be worried since I was around him last night even though he wasn't sick with me? I had started to calm down because of the reassurance you'll have given me on the exposure. I just wonder how the babysitter is sick now. HELP

Maybe the babysitter was watching a kid whose parents didn't inform her the kid was sick, and it spread through the sitters. That happened once when my kids were really little. If that's the case, you could still be okay because the source of the illness would have been from the sitter's.

Thank you for the reassurance. I can't help but be anxious but I do feel better hearing from you all. Thank you.

It sounds to me like someone in her care was sick and either never showed symptoms but passed the bug on, came to school after being ill and the parents didn't inform the sitter or had such mild symptoms that the parent just felt was 'something they ate'. This happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago, a child she cared for came to her house and the parents told her that his tummy was off maybe due to 'something he'd eaten', well 48 hours later her
    entire family had it. But you know what? They survived! And you will too! You DON'T have it. You were never at the babysitter's home, not was your grandchild showing symptoms when you were with him. Don't fret! This will be long behind you soon!