Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The same rant that 95% of you have posted before.

Went out to lunch today. Went to bathroom before I ate to wash my hands. Four women were in the stalls when I went in. One walked out, rinsed her fingertips for literally a second, second woman walked out and just left with no wash, third woman walked out with no wash, fourth woman walked out and FINALLY someone washed their hands properly. I swear, if more people didn't have that kind of icky hygiene there would be such a dramatic increase in ALL illnesses. Ugh, rant over.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: The same rant that 95% of you have posted before.

Just gross... Ugh.

I used to count the women who washed ther hands at work in the ladies room, right around the time a huge outbreak of the bigbadbug was going around. I'd say a ratio of about 1:20. Sad.
    Life is so worth living.

So gross. What is so hard about having a proper wash after the restroom?

Non-emets are disgusting and inconsiderate!! Lol

I think it was worse about 10 years ago. I have been encouraged by the increasing number of people who do wash their hands. Anymore most women with kids actually are washing their hands and so are their kids. The OCDed soul that I am, I have been counting hand washers for years and it is increasing. The fingertip washing is the most annoying to me. I have noted it's mainly old ladies who do that. Ones who do not even stop by the sink, I think maybe they are just ignorant. But the fingertip wash shows they do know that they should wash their hands, they just don't want to be bothered to do a thorough job.

What is very encouraging to me is I almost never see the staff skipping handwashing anymore. As gross as it is, non washing customers are not going to be handling my food. I used to have to glare at some staff to get them to wash their hands, now they will do it automatically. I have wondered if signs hanging everywhere about the importance of handwashing convince more people to wash their hands. They have a number of very prominent signs in VA and military bathrooms. However, at the VA, there are usually no other women in the bathroom to take a count. On base, I think I've seen maybe five non washers in three years, so maybe the signs and education do help.

I'm a guy and I notice that 25% of guys don't wash their hands after going at my high school. I wash my hands at least 2-3 times a day. I ALWAYS wash after going to the restroom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It just makes you wonder what bugs are you picking up when you shake hands with someone. I don`t like to refuse to shake hands, it seems rude, but I wish we could come up with a non touch way of greeting one another.

I loooooove!! going to the VA! Simply because I don't have to be AS obsessive about the bathroom (I normally need to turn up the bottom of my pant legs and feel the need to burn my shoes if I have to use a public potty). the womens restroom is always pristine! Also, Im down with figuring out a non -touch greeting.