Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default whats the most drunk youvw ever been?/or worst hungover

Interesting to know,from emet perspective
    Even if you dont drink much at all id be interestd to knw how much alcohol you get drunk on and if you think your emet effects any of that

I haven't had many bad hangovers n i suspect it must be terrible!but what i drink if its a lot of it would make me get 1
    I mix my drinks also cos doesnt make any difference to me sometimes it makes me feel sick but doesnt make hangover worse

Default Re: whats the most drunk youvw ever been?/or worst hungover

I must say my emet doesn't effect on how much I drink. I have never been n, never had headache, nothing except feeling weird the day after. I can eat normally, not very much, but I can, so I'm really glad I'm that way.
    I had a few hangovers, when I don't remember half of the night and so on. I'm still young and drink often so I must drink a lot to get drunk.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Ive only ever v*d once from alcohol when i was 16. Ive been very drunk countless times but always stick to drinks i know i can handle. I can count on 2 hands the amount if times i have v*d from a hangover and its literally if i get up and down a load of wter too quickly. Just happens the once and im fine after, that type of v doesnt bother my emet coz it happens so quicly i dont have time to panic

The most drunk I've ever been was before I became an Emet actually, I was 15 and on holiday with my family. Another member of the party spiked my drink numerous times. I was absolutely out of it. To the point I don't remember a single thing and was carried back to the apartment. I woke up feeling right as rain though, haha!

I have been REALLY tispy a few times since being an Emet but I know my limits. I don't particularly like getting drunk as I don't like the feeling of not being in control. I'm not sure if that even has anything to do with my Emet or not. I just know I don't like the thought of not knowing what I'm doing!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A couple of years ago I drank a full bottle of rum and about a quarter bottle of vodka over the course of 45mins. I ended up being incredibly drunk, I was having massive black outs.. Anyway I finally realised I'd got home and panicked that I was going to have a massive hangover or v* so I made myself go on a long walk. It was freezing cold and windy and I spent over 3 hours walking in this, felt about 70% sober by the time I got back home and woke up with no hangover or v*. Never again though!

I have never been drunk because of this fear. I used to drink but only things that wouldn't make my stomach feel 'warm' because that feeling sends me into a panic attack.

Worst hangover ever was January 1997, which really made me phobic about vting, which Iv`e not done since then.

I suppose one good thing about being emet for since childhood is that I have never really risked drinking too much, which is possibly a good thing considering drinking isn't really that healthy anyway
    I still drink though, but I limit myself to two maybe three cans of beer.
    I hate being around drunk people though, it kinda ruins my weekends.

i drank loads one night when i was like 16 a *v about 7 times and passed out put me off drinking, stil went out drinking every weekend always knew my limit though so i wouldnt *v had occasional bad hangovers. once i had my baby my phobia got worse now i dont drink anything

I drink pretty often, but I definitely know my limits. I've only Vd twice from being drunk and that was from Vodka, which I will NEVER touch again lol my hangovers always make me feel n* but I've never actually Vd from a hangover. My stomach is always more sensitive too the day after drinking

I have never been sick through alcohol, but I have been VERY very close a few times. I think I just have a good control over it so can prevent it from happening or maybe I just did not get to the point to tip me over the edge. I remember sitting on my friend's bed once after I got taken home from a club and she kept asking me if I was going to be sick/did I need a bowl and it was like "Please stop asking me that or I will, don't talk about it and I will be fine". I do know my limits though so stop drinking before I get to that point. I can drink a lot though before it happens, well it depends what I am drinking, but I put that down to four years of university. :P

As for the hangover part, I tend to get them A LOT unfortunately, and the older I get the worse they seem to be. Sometimes if I eat/drink enough water before bed I can avoid having one, but normally if I have had one too many I will have a hangover the next day. Just nausea though, no vomiting. The worst hangover I EVER had though was on Christmas Day two years ago, we had all had too much to drink on Christmas Eve and I woke up feeling the most hungover I have ever felt in my life. It took every fibre in my body not to throw up and I spent most of the day laying flat on my back in a cold room. It was awful. I even missed Christmas dinner. I felt better by the evening though luckily and got to have dessert and play games with the family so I did not completely miss out on Christmas.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Surrey, ENGLAND / Huntington Beach CA, USA

I dont drink at all. Partly because I dont really like the taste, must most probably because of my phobia in all honesty.

This one party i went to back in january was the most drunk i have ever been. I also smoked a lot of mary jane so that made it worse. Never vomited though, which was a miracle. Felt like it in the morning but that feeling passed after a few hours. In terms of the phobia, I get moody sometimes about drinking and worried it will make me ill. But then there are times where I just think, fuck it and do it and never end up sick anyway. I think I know my limits quite well.

I have never been drunk and do not drink because of this phobia.

The most i've ever drunk before my emet got bad, was 3 cups of vodka straight and some lambrini (cider) regretted it the next day
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dani8mc View Post
    Interesting to know,from emet perspective
    Even if you dont drink much at all id be interestd to knw how much alcohol you get drunk on and if you think your emet effects any of that

I haven't had many bad hangovers n i suspect it must be terrible!but what i drink if its a lot of it would make me get 1
    I mix my drinks also cos doesnt make any difference to me sometimes it makes me feel sick but doesnt make hangover worse
    The most drunk I've ever been is, hmm. Let me think.. Zero. I'm too young to drink... And I don't plan to get drunk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SUM1 View Post
    The most drunk I've ever been is, hmm. Let me think.. Zero. I'm too young to drink... And I don't plan to get drunk anyway.
    Haha! Being too young to drink does not stop some people, there are always 14-15 year olds sitting in the park drinking cheap, nasty vodka because it is "cool". That is good that you do not intend to drink, if at all, until you are old enough. If only more teens had that attitude, it would solve a lot of problems.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Pink24 View Post
    Haha! Being too young to drink does not stop some people, there are always 14-15 year olds sitting in the park drinking cheap, nasty vodka because it is "cool". That is good that you do not intend to drink, if at all, until you are old enough. If only more teens had that attitude, it would solve a lot of problems.
    I'm not a neurotypical teenager at all, that's why. I don't follow any stupid "social demands".

I drink, and since it's been brought up I am of age to drink (I'm 23, legal age in USA is 21)

I drink more than I should. Some emets that have responded on this thread have dealt with my drunk babbling on facebeook. Do I do it to "be cool and meet social demands" no.
    I am normally- a very shy reserved anxious person when put in social situations. Do I drink at home to gear myself up? of course not. But if we are going out to eat, do I have a drink to loosen up while we're out? Yes. The awkward feelings completely go away
    There have been a few events where I'll be at peoples houses at a party, and I purposely go beyond my limit just to feel less shy. The most recent time I drank though I paid big time the next morning.

Emetophobia has never stopped me from drinking. And I don't think it really will.

Add me to the list of never been drunk and don't really drink at all and I am 27. I will once in a great while have a drink out of social obligation but I never finish it, and yes this has everything to do with my phobia. Not only the risk of feeling ill but I also fear lack of control and being drunk to me is like an ultimate lack of control. I also can't stand to be around drunk people.

I've been sick a couple times from drinking but definitely don't push my limits.