Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Day 10 on citalopram

Well i think im over the worst of the side effects although my stomach feels icky today, this could be due to me not eating enough yesterday and having bad reflux. I have started to notice a slight difference anxiety wise, although i do think ill be going with the doctors advice of upping the dose next week to 20mg. The anxiety is there when i go out but not as intense and i can actually stay in somewhere the majority of the time and let it pass. After its passed although a little shaky i feel loads better. Hoping this will get even better if i up the dose. Anyone who is thinking of trying citalopram then please do it. The side effects although not pleasant are not that bd when you look back,and they do pass. I only had three days of feeling really unwell and it felt more like flu.going to a friends party tonight so fingers crossed ill enjoy the majority of it anxiety free

Default Re: Day 10 on citalopram

I;m so glad to hear you're feeling so well

I've start citalopram this morning, bout 8/9 hours ago and I've had a nasty headache and lots of shaky limbs. Did you get your side effects starting within a couple of hours?

Yes they did i felt like i had flu for about 3 days. The headache is a killer lots of water and try and keep eating as i found that helped. for the headache i got a cool pack on my head it worked better than painkillers. Stick with them and dont be scared when the anxirty gets worse it passes. Ibhad the mother of panic attacks tonight and once it passed i literally felt normal with no anxiety at all. Dunno if this means they are fully working. Ihave been at a party at a friends tonight, i didnt have a drink everyonr else did and as we were leaving my friends daughter v*d all over the landing and although i ran off at the noise i didnt freak out like normal.

Hopefully things are improving still early days yet tho. How are you feeling today?

I'm feeling very weak and shaky and generally dopey and spacey. People are having to make sure I'm actually listening and pay attention before talking to me, and dont be trying to talk of anything complicated at all! I take anti-emetics for stomach mobility so I've been taking those a little more rigidly then normal just in case, but tummy wise I seem to be alright at the moment. Very very hungry actually, more so then usual I think. Hopefully it'll be more of the same over the next few days!

I have started to eat again i had no appetite at first. Ive had a really panic free day even managed to sit in the pub with an orange juice and i was offered the cance of an empty room or a busy room and chose the busy room. I was fine in there. I could feel the anxiety but it was so slight i didnt pay attention to it. Then went to the chinese takeaway and had a decent amount of food. I find at the moment i have an anxious period of the day and if i think too much about doing something i can get anxious. The spaced outness will pass in a few days then i got more anxious for a couple of days but its definately improved.