Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Advice:(

Default Advice:(

So hi everyone
    do any of you suffer from nausea 24/7 because of emetophobia?
    I have for about 4 years. I'm now 18 and am just fed up of it all
    ive been very upset/stressed the past 2 weeks and I'm blaming that on my unbearable nausea for the past 3 days, feel like I have a SV* but obviously don't:/ this is taking over my life, even anti N* medication doesn't seem to do anything .

how do you guys cope? And any advice on how to feel less N*?
    Ive tried ginger also, which didn't have much effect.
    and I'm pretty sure I have IBS as my dad had it some of his life.

I can hardly eat or drink ughh

Default Re: Advice:(

I don't suffer from it everyday but I have enough to know its just bleeeeccccchhhh. Poor dear. My advice to everyone is trying digestive enzymes, relaxation techniques, meditation, therapy, and there's this quaint little drink called lily of the desert stomach formula with aloe Vera. It's beautiful and even helped me through a stomach bug once. If I can ever help you any way, feel free to chat.
    Life is so worth living.

Try relaxation techniques and try telling the anxiety your just a thought. I created you and i will get rid of you. It sounds silly but i find it works. Anti emetics and other things wont work because its anxiety induced so no matter what you still think you feel sick

I feel soo n* allll the time! I'm 18 and have had this for about 10 years, my friends and family don't understand at all. Its so frustrating because this phobia rules my life

When I feel s* I usually sit infront of my fan and sip water. I also find distracting myself helps anlot, I usually scroll through facebook and nosey at everyones status's haha x

Most of the facebook statuses I see would potentially make the nausea worse
    Life is so worth living.

I'm also 18, but I don't suffer from it every day and I'm so grateful for that. I also have it for 10 years now. I'm really sorry you're feeling that way, I know it's hard to help. :-S
    Maybe you should try some therapy. I know I'll try it when I go to college.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I'm 18 too! For a while in march I was in a really bad place and I suffered nausea everyday, I spent most or my spring break at home nauseated. As soon as I went back to counseling though it has improved TREMENDOUSLY, u definitely recommend talking to someone about it! Now when it starts I can do my best to distract myself and realize its just in my no one feels sick this much. I really hope things get better for you