Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bf was sick :(

Default Bf was sick :(

I live with my boyfriend who is in sales and travels a lot because of them. He left for Colorado last Sunday and came back today (Saturday). Tuesday night he and his coworker took a customer of theirs to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Wednesday morning he called me and said he felt absolutely awful and he got sick (both v* and d*) for the next 5 hours. By the afternoon he was due to check out of the hotel he was at and drive a few hours to the next hotel. By then he was okay enough to travel although he didn't enjoy it... Of course! He stayed in the new hotel all day Thursday and even ate a bit. But then Friday he said he felt a little sick again! I guess Friday he had some more d* the coworker he was traveling with was in close quarters the whole time ie, the same hotel room and traveled in the same car, and the coworker hasn't gotten sick... Yet. I had read online that sv can't be transmitted through saliva, so when my bf got home this morning I gave him some kisses and hugs and laid down in our bed with him for awhile. I don't know why I couldn't resist! I guess because I don't have kids I don't understand the feeling of caring about someone so much that you would be in a close vicinity to them after they've been ill.
    However, NOW I am freaking out!!! I feel like I am doomed to catch this from him because I kissed him and was close to him! Even though I have not touched my face or food before washing my hands all day and I have made him wash his hands every time he has used the restroom i still feel so scared! Of course I have a super busy week at work ahead and I know I will have anxiety for a full two weeks until this has passed with no one else getting sick!! Just feeling so bummed about it. It's times like these I wish I had never learned about all the different preventions and facts about noroviruses.. I think it's just making me over analyze everything!

Default Re: Bf was sick :(

It has been awhile since he last vomited, and I'm sure he has brushed his teeth several times since then. It could only spread through saliva if you kissed him straight after he'd gotten sick. It also may have been food poisoning since he ate at a restaurant the night before he fell ill. Anyway, just wash your hands thoroughly before eating and touching your face, and you should be absolutely fine.

Aww this is so sweet... You sound like such a caring girlfriend (and much braver than I would have been with my boyfriend)... Well done you - he's lucky to have you sounds to me if you were going to catch anything you would have by now. Norovirus and SV's usually have a time limit of two days on average so if it lasted three days for him it's more likely to be FP. I'm sure even if you did get anything your boy would be there for you as we all are on here too... But it's unlikely. Just keep busy and stick to your normal routine and before you know it the danger will have passed in a few days. Anxiety can really takes its toll in your stomach so don't read into how your physically feeling too much... Hope things settle soon. Sure they will. Stay brave, you can do it xx

A couple months ago, I was staying at my boyfriend's house when he woke up at 4:30 AM, went to the bathroom, and I heard him start to v* a lot! Naturally I panicked and ran out of his apartment and drove home. I was so worried because I kissed him just a few hours earlier and slept in the same bed with him/cuddled all night. I stayed away from him for at least 2 (maybe 3) days afterwards. We still don't know if it was FP* or a SV*, but I never got it and neither did his roommates!

I'd say that if the person he was traveling with didn't get it, it's very unlikely that you will. Noro is super contagious so he would have had it by now. The only way I can think of is if he didn't wash his hands after using the bathroom, and touched his mouth or face before kissing you. Still, that's a long shot! Just make sure he stays super clean for at least a week after the symptoms have stopped (showering, hand washing, get clean bed sheets) and make sure you don't touch your face unless you know your hands are clean, also clean bathroom surfaces with bleach! This might seem excessive, but it will give you peace of mind.

I think you're going to be fine.