Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My brother has a sv! PLEASE HELP!

Hello, I'm relatively new to this site.
    My brother went to bed early last night with a fever, and he got up in the middle of the night and had d*. When I got up this morning, he said he was sick. I'm at school now, and I've been worrying all day. I emailed him, to check up on him, and he said he hasn't v*ed, but he has d* and a fever still. He said he hasn't eaten because he's not hungry. Obviously he has a sv.
    We both have rooms in the basement area of our house, and we share a bathroom along with my sister. My mom wiped down the bathroom with bleach this morning, and she left a bottle of Lysol in there for him to wipe down the bathroom with after he uses it.
    I don't know if my mom is going to make me use the bathroom anyways, but she's strict, so it wouldn't surprise me. What are the chances of me getting sick? I am really freaking out about it.

Default Re: My brother has a sv! PLEASE HELP!

Hey I'm new to I just joined,
    I'm sorry about your brother I know how stressful it can be when someone in the family has a sv. If you are forced to use that bathroom then spraying it with lysol will definitely help kill the germs that cause it. It's good that your mom bleached it too. Also it is really important to make sure he washes his hands with warm water after he uses the bathroom. You can only get the germ that causes the sv by ingesting it so it's important that you don't put your hands near your mouth until after you wash them with warm water. I constantly am worrying too if someone is my family is sick. I just do my best to keep my distance and make sure I wash my hands. My parents also tells me constantly that just because someone in the house is sick doesn't mean that I will get it but I 100% understand being afraid. I hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you so much. I'm still really worried about it but it helps knowing that someone else understands. I haven't gotten a sv since about five years ago (knock on wood), so I hope that if I keep washing my hands and keeping my hands off my face then I won't get it. Thank you!

I misunderstood some of the txt. Is he vomitting or just diarrhea ? Either way your best line of defence is to keep washing your hands and stay conscious kit to touch your face. I know it is very hard to stay calm in situations like this and I realise that it's always easier said then done . We are here for you though.

Really bad situation. My brother got sick 2 years ago when we were at the sea, horrible. He vomited one night and had d, also fever, but the next day he didn't vomited (as i know, hope they didn't lie to me). I didn't got sick, but I'm not even sure if that was sv. But probably it was. Well, keep washing your hands, don't go close to your brother, try to be in your room most of the time and not to go to the bathroom. Did he vomited by now?
    Hope everything will be fine! :-D
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

keep washing your hands, and try to stay out of the house during the day if possible. have you got any other bathrooms in the house which you'd be able to use? i know how crazy your probably feeling, i drive myself nuts over being paranoid about my brother (potentially) being sick. not fun. let us know how you go!
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

Try not to worry too much. Honestly, it very well may not be a sv. Fevers cause all sorts of symptoms, including loss of appetite and diarrhea. It could simply be a fever virus that's causing these symptoms. I don't think you are going to catch it, but if you do (you're not going to), you would have VERY mild symptoms. My boys have had those sorts of things before, it doesn't cause nausea, just a 'quickening' of the bowels. You'll make it through! Fevers are common in kids, the older you are the less likely you are to come down with it, you'll be ok. Try not to stress.

Wash your hands before using your tooth brush (or anything that touches your face in the bathroom). Also open the bathroom door after you use the toilet obviously but before washing your hands, so you can leave the bathroom without touching the doorknob or anything else that might be contaminated.