Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Ladies, please.

Default Ladies, please.

Anyone else's anxiety sky rocket when you're on your period? I started today and a couple of hours ago I got extremely anxious and took my Klonopin about an hour ago which hasn't seemed to help yet. I even took two. (My psych said I could take up to two depending on my anxiety level.) I'm also getting throat nausea/reflux which I hope is from the anxiety. I also took a Zofran and a few Dramamine because I'm extremely bad about taking anti-emetics when I'm anxious. (I only just started therapy so we haven't gotten me past that yet.)
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: Ladies, please.

YES, tons! Idk why, I guess its just all the crazy hormones flying :/ Mine usually gets better after the second or 3rd day..
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Thanks! Yeah, I was doing fine all day and then in the evening it was all of the sudden this "impending doom" feeling. I hate that.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Yes, it's totally normal and will get worse as you age and approach menopause. I asked my gyno about it the last time I was in. She said it's caused by a dip in testosterone right before your cycle begins. If it gets bad you can actually take testosterone for 4 days (you chart when it happens for a month or two) and it helps to relieve symptoms. You're not alone!!!

Always. I get more attacks around my cycle, if I have too much caffeine too fast, or if I wait too long to eat.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ