Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Two major concerns: Birth Control & D*

Okay, so I was feeling fine about a half hour ago and I started to make a meal (breakfast for dinner: an omelet and home fried potatoes). Then I suddenly had d*! Right after that, my birth control alarm went off and I took the BC with water, and I also took some pepto bismol to prevent more d*. Within 5 minutes I had d* again.

Now, about 10 minutes later I'm slowly eating my dinner because I know I'm hungry and I only feel a little n*, not too bad.

My worries are 1. the d* and stomach upset interfering with my birth control. I know it takes 1-2 hours for the pill to absorb. If I don't have d* any more times, will I be okay? I don't want to have to take a second pill and mess up my cycle.

and 2. what is making me have d* and is it just the beginning of something bad? Will I v*? Should I be eating?

Please help, it's giving me bad anxiety and I need support and advice.

Default Re: Two major concerns: Birth Control & D*

The d* won't disrupt the birth control. In fact, many women get d* from taking the pill. The fluctuation in hormones can disrupt your intestines. You won't v*! Try to relax and enjoy your dinner but know that the d* may continue. Pepto won't stop it, you should go get some Immodium so that it won't cause you discomfort. You'll be ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    The d* won't disrupt the birth control. In fact, many women get d* from taking the pill. The fluctuation in hormones can disrupt your intestines. You won't v*! Try to relax and enjoy your dinner but know that the d* may continue. Pepto won't stop it, you should go get some Immodium so that it won't cause you discomfort. You'll be ok!
    I've read that if you take the pill, and have d* within a couple hours, the pill may have left your body too quickly to be absorbed. And I've never had d* from BC in years of taking it, so I don't think it is causing it.

Also, why Immodium instead of pepto? What's the difference?

Thanks for your support though

If that's the case you should call your doctor. Regular IBS type d* doesn't affect vitamins, minerals or medications from being absorbed, but if something unusual is happening it's best for you to call your doctor. It sounds hormonal to me, but he/she knows your medical history and can diagnose you. Pepto doesn't treat d*, Imodium does.

Pepto says it treats d* on the bottle so I'm going to stick with it. It's working so far, I took it over an hour ago.