Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default nauseous stomach for the past few days, got worse today

I'm very freaked out because I have a very strange feeling in my stomach and I have NO IDEA what could be causing it. It started off as very mild nausea and I really thought nothing of it, thought maybe it was being caused by dehydration. but then i drank a ton of water, and i ate some greek yogurt, and the feeling got way worse. it's like a mix of nausea and cramping in my stomach and it's really, really uncomfortable. I really don't know what to do. the pain is sort of around my ribs. it feels a lot like period cramps, but over my ribs and above my stomach rather than under my belly button. i just took chewable pepto tablets. i'm really scared. the thing that's scaring me the most is that it's sort have been building up and getting worse and worse day by day, and I don't know what's causing it. help!!!

Default Re: nauseous stomach for the past few days, got worse today

have u been stressed? also maybe if u have IBS the anxiety of the initial nausea could be kinda causing a vicious cycle. i think ull be fine though because if u were gonna be sick, it wouldve happened already considering u said uve been feeling like this for days. a piece of advice, dont drink a ton of water quickly. sip it slowly and that should help. i hope this helps! stay strong

i haven't been especially stressed, i was about final projects and stuff but i got most of that out of the way...i don't have IBS either. you're right and thank you for saying that (if i was gonna get sick i would've already)--that's like the most comforting thing to hear for me haha. right now i'm drinking peppermint tea. it's sort of helping but the pain is definitely still there.

ugh, now I have d*...really freaking out ...still in so much pain

thats not necessarily bad. it could be ur body just flushing out the bad stuff thats giving u a stomach ache.

but after, the pain didn't decrease in the slightest. now it's like a burning, very persistent pain. i'm so scared

did u take anything for it?

I took pepto

a burning pain? that actually sounds scary..maybe you should see a doctor.

but, since its been happening for a few days, i think you would have already been ill if you were going to be. try to take it easy hun.

update: the pain went away. it came back a little bit (way less though) late at night, but when i woke up it was gone. the pain really scared me because last june i was on a drug called accutane (it's a really intense acne drug) and i started to get the burning stomach pain then, and the pain i had yesterday was SO similar to that pain, but i'm no longer on accutane, so now i'm afraid that accutane wasn't even what was causing it. hopefully it doesn't come back :/

If the burning pain is in your stomach and you're suffering from nausea then it could be acid reflux?
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

maybe. I've never had acid reflux so i don't exactly know what it's symptoms are. doesn't that have to do with acid coming up through the throat though?

Sometimes! I have bad reflux but it doesn't always come back up! I feel all different symptoms with mine, sometimes I just get the nausea and icky feeling if it's really bad, sometimes just the heartburn, sometimes just stomach pain.. It really varies!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.