Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default emet and personal life

how do u guys deal with stress in terms of love life and social life when it comes to emet? like does anyone ever get turned off when someone they like or find attractive likes to drink a lot because they are afraid of them v'ing? same thing with going to bars and stuff. just curious

Default Re: emet and personal life

Its a turn off for me, just because I really dislike alcohol. My mom was an alcoholic when i was younger and saw her go through many things. I just wont put myself in a situation like that, or have friends who do.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Same for me-my dad was and is an alcoholic. I'm fairly certain this helped to contribute to my emet cause as a kid, I was petrified of my dad when he was drunk cause inevitably he would be sick. I don't mind someone who has a couple drinks and is smart enough to know when to stop. Anything beyond that would be a deal breaker
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I've been married for several years, but when I was dating, drinking a lot became a turn off because I don't think drunks are good choices for relationships. It had nothing to do with emet.