Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Here we go again.......what great luck.

This is SO frustrating. My oldest daughter started school full time this year, so I KNEW she was going to bring home a stomach virus at some point. She did, back in February. We all got it, though I didn't throw up or get diarrhea - I just got the body aches, fever and sore stomach/nausea. I was SO glad when it was all over, because I know most families with small kids just get it once a year. So fast forward to last Friday, and she wakes up saying she isn't feeling good, and doesn't want her milk. I knew something was up. Sure enough, another stomach virus. She was sick twice and that was it. No one else caught it, until last night when my youngest daughter woke up at 1am throwing up. That went on until 7am. Now my husband has a fever (neither of my girls had a fever, so not sure why he does) and says he feels off. UGH.

I am fine so far.......I am also 39 weeks pregnant, so this is THE LAST thing I need right now. I'm about to deliver the baby! I am exhausted because I was literally up all night. Even though my husband looked after our daughter all night, I went in to comfort her each time it happened (she is only 2), so I was around it. I laid on the couch (our daughter was in bed with my hubby) super anxious all night long, just waiting for that next time, so I have literally been up all night.

I'm so scared I'm going to get it. I seem to get it each time they do, though I have yet to get it so bad that I vomit. I didn't actually think my oldest had a stomach bug last Friday, I thought something had just upset her tummy, so I haven't been on top of hand washing as much as I should have been.....which explains why my husband and youngest have caught it. I'm so scared to go to bed tonight.

Default Re: Here we go again.......what great luck.

UGH!!! I am SO SORRY. Fingers crossed you don't catch it. The good news is - THIS IS IT!!! There's NO WAY that you guys will have any more this season! Summer is just around the corner. Put on some relaxing music, get a good book and try your best to relax (I know how awful the waiting game is). You WILL get through this, you WILL survive and you'll be so glad next week when this is far behind you! (((HUGS)))

This belly bug season has been so freaking weird! I had a friend whose family caught it twice, my daughter caught it twice. The good news is her second time was only diarrhea, and most of the adults I knew who got it only had diarrhea. My momma had some vomiting but only because she tried to chug pepto for the diarrhea which we all know is a death trap. Just breath love, you will get through this. We all do, and we all come out alive! If you need to talk, please feel free to chat. As a single momma of two little ones, I can relate to the parenting with sick kids struggle.
    Life is so worth living.

It must be so hard for all of you moms. This post made me really sad. Stupid phobia. I love children SO MUCH, but I don't know how will I handle having them.
    Hope you won't get it!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

You know what though? Before I was a mom, I'd run away or cover my ears if I heard someone vomiting. Now, I run TO my kids. I can't stay away from them when they're sick like that, because I know what it feels like, and I know how bad I always wanted my mom there as a child. My fear of catching it pretty much disappears when they are sick, but it's when they're feeling better that I start to wonder if I did enough to avoid it while it was happening. Once they're better, the serious paranoia sets in for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
    This is SO frustrating. My oldest daughter started school full time this year, so I KNEW she was going to bring home a stomach virus at some point. She did, back in February. We all got it, though I didn't throw up or get diarrhea - I just got the body aches, fever and sore stomach/nausea. I was SO glad when it was all over, because I know most families with small kids just get it once a year. So fast forward to last Friday, and she wakes up saying she isn't feeling good, and doesn't want her milk. I knew something was up. Sure enough, another stomach virus. She was sick twice and that was it. No one else caught it, until last night when my youngest daughter woke up at 1am throwing up. That went on until 7am. Now my husband has a fever (neither of my girls had a fever, so not sure why he does) and says he feels off. UGH.

I am fine so far.......I am also 39 weeks pregnant, so this is THE LAST thing I need right now. I'm about to deliver the baby! I am exhausted because I was literally up all night. Even though my husband looked after our daughter all night, I went in to comfort her each time it happened (she is only 2), so I was around it. I laid on the couch (our daughter was in bed with my hubby) super anxious all night long, just waiting for that next time, so I have literally been up all night.

I'm so scared I'm going to get it. I seem to get it each time they do, though I have yet to get it so bad that I vomit. I didn't actually think my oldest had a stomach bug last Friday, I thought something had just upset her tummy, so I haven't been on top of hand washing as much as I should have been.....which explains why my husband and youngest have caught it. I'm so scared to go to bed tonight.

We havent had a 2nd round of noro yet. Then again we got 3 more weeks of school left to. We did all have it in december though, not fun. Now were dealing with a 2nd round of upper respitory infections. My kid just got over it a few weeks ago and has it again but with a fever this time. I blame the crappy weather in the midwest for all of this sickness. Also the pollen counts are super high, my car has been covered with yellow pollen latley. Plus we get cold here again through the weekend.

The reason noro was so bad this season was the new austrialian strain that made its way here. No ones immune to it. But at least its good to know summer is super close.