Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Opinions PLEASE!

So, many of you know that we've had the bug 3x this year. Just last month DH & DS had it so I thought for sure we're in the clear now! Last week my grandmother died and we had to put our cat down. I am due for AF is due (so I am extra anxious). I came home from work today and DH was in bed with a bucket. I immediately wanted to RUN. He said that he was just feeling 'blah', heavy stomach, tired, etc. He said that he was feeling bad since about 11:30. I ran to get him a Zofran which he took and immediately started to feel better. I inquired about what he'd eaten which was some pancakes and 2 bananas and ginger ale at around noon. I came home at 3. He now feels pretty much back to normal (though he said he'd like to poo). Is the Zofran masking a bug? I am anxious that the boys are going to be up v* AGAIN.

He swears that he didn't ever feel as bad today as he did the last time he got the bug, so I pushed why the heck he had the bucket and he said that he just wanted to be sure that if it went that way he'd be prepared.

He's chipper, talking and annoyed that I am freaking out so much.

Be honest - do you think it's a bug or just a random nothing? If it was a bug would he be feeling this well due to the Zofran? Would he either have d* or v*?

Replies SO appreciated!!!!
    HELP!

Default Re: Opinions PLEASE!

P.S. He looked pretty bad when I first got home, so I know SOMETHING is up, just not sure what.

Does he have acid reflux or other digestive issues? There are many reasons someone might feel poorly, and they are not all sv.

Thank you for the reply! It's appreciated more than you know. No, he does not. He DOES have a sensitive stomach, which drives me nuts! After I last posted he went on to eat a normal dinner and went out to run an errand. He was still feeling 'heavy' in the stomach but was able to function. He went to bed early and woke up fine this morning. Do you think it was something that he ate? I just hate the anxiety of wondering if the boys are going to get it. SO WISH I knew if it was contagious or not. Today is his birthday so we have a friend coming over. Is it safe?

He admitted this morning that he was feeling pretty poorly yesterday and that he was in fact wondering if the was going to v*. Would Zofran make him feel THAT much better?

It might make him feel that much better, especially if it was just his stomach being sensitive. It doesn't sound like anything contagious to me.

The Zofran wouldn't make him feel 'instantly better', if he had an sv then the Zofran would probably just prevent him from v* and take the edge off the n*. Also if it was an sv he more than likely would have continued to have d*, so on that basis I think you should be fine.

Thank you for the replies (and support!). It truly is appreciated! He was 100% yesterday, eating and feeling great. Very strange. I think it had to have been something he ate, though I am still making him be careful (washing hands 2x after going to the bathroom) and am a bit anxious that the boys are going to come down with something. It will pass in a few days I am sure, until then I just need to ride it out. I keep trying to convince myself that if it had been a sv* even with Zofran he wouldn't have wanted dinner nor kept it down. THANK SO MUCH, you two.

Is zofran over the counter? Ive never heard of it and would like to keep it in the house if possible... I barely ever V but just in case it would be nice. So even if you have the SV it prevents you from V? Hmmm.

Zofran is by prescription only. It is one of the antiemetics that is commonly used for chemo patients, but it is given for other reasons, such as sv as well.

Pancakes and bananas are both dense foods. Two bananas are equal to a meal. Sounds like that is what caused it. I know if I ate it I would be miserable. Pancakes ALWAYS make me miserable. I'm glad all is well now!