Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is anyone else hearing things? I'm stressed out. Help.

I have lately been having auditory hallucinations when trying to go to sleep... What happens is I keep thinking I am hearing v****sounds, like someone is getting sick in the other room. But then I find that no one has been getting sick... It makes me feel nauseous and feel like I can't move (like a panic attack). I feel like I'm going crazy. Please help.

Default Re: Is anyone else hearing things? I'm stressed out. Help.

Hmm....NO, i never hear anything like that. Geez, thats really scary though. I do have ringing in my ears 24/7, thats about it. And have heard "voices", lol...not like crazy ppl voices , but like we had ghosts before. ugh, anyway...now im scared to go to bed. lol.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I think it's fairly common to hear sounds/voices when we are drifting off to sleep. I have had some anxiety-inducing half dreams while drifting off. It's upsetting, but you're not crazy, it's just your dreams intruding into your waking life.

I don't hear voices or noises per se, but like daffodil said I have half dreams where I think I hear something or someone saying something as I'm drifting off. If it's only when you are drifting off, I would say totally normal!

I hear things all the time when I'm really riled up and trying to relax. Don't worry, you're not crazy. It's a result of your obsessive thinking and your anxiety, which is clearly heightened at night. If voices begin telling you to things, or narrating your activities as you do them, then you should seek psychiatric attention.

Iv`e hears & seen strange things when Iv`e been on the edge of sleep, once I heard my mother`s voice call me by name from the bathroom, that was spooky! especially as she`d been dead for years! This phenomenon is called hypnogogic reactions. They happen when your`e waking up as well.

This is kind of unrelated but sometimes when I have music on, I feel like I hear someone v*ing in the bathroom next to my room. Or I hear someone calling me
    But no one is.