Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Weird experience HELP

I just decided to walk to the supermrket. Did my usual hows my stomach feeling hows my anxiety. My anxiety was fine so i set off. I felt like i had trapped wind whilst walking, did a couple of burbs and was fine. Then a few mins later a weird feeling came over me and i felt like i couldnt swallow and every time i did i felt like i was gonna heave, i didnt feel sick to the stomach. I freaked out and ran home. I calmed myself down a bit then did a few burbs that tasted like sick. I cant decide now if i feel sick or anxious. Ive had an anti emetic cyclizine this morning about 4 hours ago as i always take them prior to taking my citalopram. Has anyone experienced anything like this before??? Its made me scared to attempt to go out again today

Default Re: Weird experience HELP

Sounds like a bit of indigestion. My husband calls those verps (gross!) and has them often when he's overeaten. My 8 year old had that happen a few days ago, it's common. You are going to be FINE!!! Perhaps have some clear soda and take it easy.

I think i feel hungry now but like ive got loads of air in my stomach. I have nothing fizzy in or i would have something like that to get rid of it. I might attempt the supermarket again see if i get further this time

I felt better so i went to the supermarket and at the checkout the being unable to swallow and feeling like i was gonna heave happened again. Again i didnt feel anything in my stomach ..... I think its my anxiety and the panic attack taking a different form as its normally constant in my stomach. Ive been on citalopram for 15 days so it maybe the way they are working. I didnt run out of the supermarket i just stood there and let it pass but i did rush home. Ive just come home and eaten a sandwich so im definitely not ill. Im only on 10mg citalopram so am thinking when i go to the docs on monday im gonna look at increasing my dose. Im definitely getting better but that was so strange.

It could be the citalopram, indegestion or anxiety Even all three mixed together! I find that my anxiety symptoms change, like when I get used to certain sensations that don't scare me anymore, my head creates new ones. Fun stuff, this anxiety malark!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its horrible i just went out to meet my boyfriend at the pub. I didnt make it, it wasnt as intense as earlier but weird still. The anxiety in my stomach is gone just this random throat thing arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh

The throat thing is DEFINITELY anxiety!!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you had it where you cant swallow and when you try you feel like your gonna heave? Thats the bit thats freaking me out.

Yes! About, two days ago? It was absolutely horrific all day. I realised it was a combination of my acid and anxiety. My acid reflux was playing up so I was anxious and so on and so on.. It's your muscles in your throat tightening up because you think something bad is going to happen! Don't let it beat you Asil

Same thing happened to me during therapy. My therapist kept saying the word "vomit" and I don't know why that really bothered me (usually doesn't) and all of a sudden it was like I forgot how to swallow. I almost ran out of the office because I didn't know what was happening.

Hope you're feeling better!

My acid has been bad today thats what the horrid burps were this afternoon. Ive not been taking my refkux medication as it has been loads better since the anxiety has decreased. Tomorrow is a new day so ill attempt to get out again. Its not gonna beat me it just really scared me. Ill get out and then look forward to a nice chinese takeaway. Thank you fir reassuring me

That def sounds like acid reflux and trapped air in your throat/belly. When I get that and the burp is pushing up it kinda forces me to make the retching motion with my body to get the burp out. The first few weeks this happened I was a bit of a wreck whenever it happened, but now it's just annoying, esp as it often happens in the middle of the night! and I have to sit up straight on my bedroom floor for a few hours waiting it out when all I want to do is sleep! Keep some rennie or gaviscon in your bag for when this happens. Glad you're still going forward and still fighting through

I bought some rennies today so will use them next time. Id just got myself used to how my stomach can feel and dealing with it knowing it was reflux /anxiety and then it throws this new one at me. Ahhhh well tomorrow is a new day

Try the rennies, but also tell your anxiety to go away. My anxiety totally does this and it is really annoying, but now I know when it is anxiety, as when I put it all in perspective-no i'm not going to get sick here, what are the chances? 1/1000000, because I felt totally ok in the safety of my own home. I get cramps in my gut, and have to do breathing exersizes, (while im in my car,or pushing shopping cart etc), and tell myself its just my anxiety and EVERYTIME it has just been my blinken anxiety controlling me. But I am learning to control it So you can too!

Thank you for your support. I do often tell my anxiety to go away just repeating i created you and i will get rid of you your just a thought and i find it helps. Ive been ok lately when ive been out in the car its when i walk to places and know i have to go in somewhere like it builds up the anxiety and then i know ive gotta deal with it till i get home. But i have to walk places because of an hour commute to work on public transport so im making myself walk places so im out longer. I really want to get back to work but i havent been on any public transport now for ten weeks. Thats my next challenge but on the plus side i am a hell of a lot better than this time 4 weeks ago i couldnt even get to the end of the street. I am gonna keep on battling and i will win