Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sudden nausea.

Default Sudden nausea.

I was just laying in bed and I had this weird sensation come over me, like I felt nauseous all of the sudden and I felt it like a wave through my body. I haven't been out of my house in three days and have only eaten packaged food. I'm so anxious now not knowing why I feel this way and not having any anti-emetics other than Dramamine. I opened a Coke to sip to see if it would help but I'm too scared to drink it. I usually don't get nauseous from anxiety, just acid reflux. My temperature was below normal, 98.1, but I usually run about 96.5. What could this be? Anyone ever experience that "wave through body" feeling?
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: Sudden nausea.

I've had that before. Sometimes I honestly think it's just hormones. Us women have so many hormones running through our bodies all the time...that's why some pregnant women get morning sickness. It's the hormones. I'm sure your fine. Usually SV don't come on that suddenly from what I can remember in my experiences. And if you haven't felt any since and getting better, then your def not sick

I've never heard of nausea from hormones, but it makes sense, I just ended my period a few days ago. I'm feeling a tad better but still have enough anxiety to make me extra sensitive to everything I'm feeling in my body.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

I've had that "wave" feeling as well. So far, I haven't had it often.

Susan

I think it just happens, especially with people prone to anxiety. I get it all the time. I can be totally relaxed or even asleep and it will happen. My temp will even go up and sometimes I will start to sweat, but i am never actually sick. I usually sip on a coke or on water. That usually helps for some reason. If it's not anxiety it's my blood sugar. When my sugar is low I get really sick feeling and faint.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”