Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So Scared! Help!

I posted earlier about what I was hoping was just a IBS flare. But I'm not sure what's going on. I have been constipated and woke up early this morning with watery *D. I stayed in the bathroom for about 2 hours having these episodes for watery *D. I thought it was getting better, but now 4 hours later i had another episode. I keep having pain in my stomach. I feel kind of hungry but. Im scared to eat. Food doesnt disgust me, but i dont want to eat. Is this a *sv? Im all alone and scared. My husband had to go to work. I keep having waves of anxiety and I keep shaking.

Default Re: So Scared! Help!

The most important question here is how long have you been constipated before this happened?

When I can't go for only a day, my system gets pretty backed up. I get bad cramps and I have frequent bathroom trips.. but they are pretty normal. When it gets to be a few days where I can't go, my system is just absolutely horrid. For example, on vacation 2 years ago, I couldn't go for 6 days.. I'm assuming it was from the anxiety of being away from home for so long. Plus it was a 'traveling vacation' so.. many factors went into it. Anyway, the last night at the hotel, my stomach hurt really bad. I went to the bathroom- endless d! Thought I was fine.. a half hour later: more endless d! I kept having d until I went to bed that night. It was my body's way of flushing out what was backed up for so long while being constipated.

Are you often constipated? You may suffer from IBS-C. What you are describing sounds exactly like that. I don't think you are sick, I think your body is just a bit backed up. Try and let it run it's course. If it's not better soon, maybe take some pepto. It should slow it down and relieve your cramps. Feel better soon!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.