Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Kinda graphic...

Okay so, I just threw up...

I was nauseated, but it wasn't the nausea you would feel before vomiting. My saliva was sticky, but I thought that was due to the debbie cake I ate. The saliva kinda made a web in the back of my throat so I kept clearing my throat. Again, it wasn't the nausea that makes you 100% sure vomiting is close. I went to clear my throat and I gagged and poof.

Didn't last long and I'm kinda happy that it was only one gag; however, my stomach is iffy, not nauseated.
    Since my stomach is iffy right now, I don't trust swallowing anything. How much longer should I wait before taking Phenergan?

Again, the actual vomiting wasn't as bad as it would be if it was the Norovirus, which is why I think it has to do with the Debbie Snack and the Sparkling water I ate.

Default Re: Kinda graphic...

I'm surprised you're as calm as you are after vomiting. After vomiting, whatever the cause, I'd be freaking out and extremely anxious.

I think I'm more lost and confused than anything.
    Since it was from a drink, I don't think I'll vomit anymore today... I mean I hope the hell not >.>

Very proud of how well you are dealing with this!
    kudos to you!<3

Thank you! It felt surreal since I always take Promethazine to keep nausea at bay.

I grew very hungry so I decided to nibble on some salty thingy, to maybe counter the sweetness and prevent my saliva from thickening up. I'm nervous, but vomiting was a little "comforting."

Hmm...sounds like you might be on a road to recovery! You are definitely handling this very well, so good job! Sux u got sick though :/ ugh. Idk how long u should wait to take med. I dont see any reason why u couldnt take it right away.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I'm sorry that happened to you I do not think it's any sort of sv*/illness, cuz usually u v* like 2-5 times in one round, not just once.

Yea I think it is just slight stomach irritation. Everytime I put something in my stomach, my stomach seems off.

I hope this can be a start for my recover ^- ^

A cake & a soda wouldn`t make someone v, surely?

Sorry this happened to you!
    Do you have acid reflux?

Hairyfairy

I recently awoke when it happened so I think the soda water shocked my stomach while the sugar from the cake caused that nagging gaggin feeling...

jparsons93

Yes; I've been dealing with that almost as long as my idiopathic nausea

I think its rather silly to tell someone you can't see in person what made them vomit, or in this case what didn't. Soverysorry would know better than us what made her ill; I'm going to take her word on it. I've heard of people eating something that didn't agree with their stomach and the stomach rejected it. Cake and soda would give more terrible heart burn, so it could have been reflux. :-) glad to see you're feeling better and handling it so well!

I'm with you Kimberly. If I even think about eating something remotely rich or carbonated I feel sick. Heck if I drink water I get heartburn. Lol. Props to you SoVerySorry for dealing with it so well!

Sounds like the cake was too rich. It happens. I hope you feel better and you seem to have handled it quite well.