Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Got the flu, n* from not eating?

I've had the flu for 3 days now. On saturday I had terrible stomach pains with it and felt very n* but I've not had it since. However today I'm feeling very queasy. I've not ate since Saturday night and it feels like hunger but I have no energy, no appetite and my throat is way too sore to eat! I've heard flu's can make you v* but this is the first time I've had the flu. Has anyone else ever v* from a flu? And does anyone know how long a flu lasts because I can't spend another restless day in this bed, I'm so tired of being ill!

Default Re: Got the flu, n* from not eating?

It can last about 5 days. You need paracetamol to get your temperature down. If you cant eat solids try some chicken soup even if you have a few spoonfuls its better than nothing. Keep your fluid intake up and try get some vitamin c in you. Lots of rest and dont worry you will soon be back to normal

It is possible to v* from having the flu but that is because people eat when they have high fevers, which in most cases, can make you v*. Your stomach is probably queasy because you have drainage, happens to me when I have a cold.
    Feel better hun, get your rest xx

V* is usually a symptom of the flu in children, not in adults. Body aches are extremely common as is being 'achey' in the stomach. Yogurt may be a good option - easy on the tummy and the throat. Tea, applesauce, pudding pops, rice, etc. So sorry that you are ill! You'll be back to 100% soon!

I have never been n at all with the flu until the one I caught a few weeks ago. I was doing some research and they said that with one of the strains of flu this year, there was much more n and d reported in adults than usual. I didn't v. But I did ave several episodes of d and waves of n with it. The bad symptoms lasted about 5 days for me and then the cough hung around for a bit longer.