Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My worst nightmare just happened...I got v* on by my 5-year-old!!!

I literally just walked in the door with her from the dr who said she just has a general virus with a high temp, lathargic etc and as I was holding her I just copped it :'(

I'm trying so hard not to freak but let's face I'm just counting the hours till I get it now!
    What's worse is that my oldest is due home from school, my youngest will be up from his nap soon and my hubby is off to work!!! So I'll have 3 little kids to deal with on my own

Is it possible that she just v* because of the virus but it's not actually a very contagious stomach bug???? Hubby reckons she hasn't got a SV it's just the general virus......please let that be!

Default Re: My worst nightmare just happened...I got v* on by my 5-year-old!!!

Aw hun, listen to me.
    You'll be okay!
    young children 90% of the time get viruses that we have already have had and are immune to.
    for example, rotavirus which is the children version of noro. It's very rare adults will get any symptoms as we have had it as children already!
    and even if it is a different virus, doesn't mean you will definitely catch it! Just keep your hands clean and you will be fine
    hugs xx

thank you, you have no idea how much your words helped! Sometimes you just need someone to put things in perspective- it can be really hard to do that for yourself at the height of the anxiety!

My daughter has vomited from a high fever more than once - she's 4 1/2. Sometimes fevers can make them sick like that. I think you'll be just fine!

Kids vomit easily from temps. It does NOT mean that it's a sv*!!! If she's only v* once, it's most likely NOT! Is she complaining about her stomach or is she just lethargic? You WILL be FINE!!!