Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling very sick and scared

I started feeling nauseous and gassy around 3 and a half hours ago. Since then, the nausea has gotten worse and I feel like my stomach is a little acidy. I forced myself to eat some crackers but it really didnt help. I feel hungry but very nauseous at the same time. I'm so scared I'm going to throw up. I've also taken about 4 Peptos in the past 4 hours and it hasn't helped.

Default Re: Feeling very sick and scared

A good way to tell if you are truly nauseous that usually works really well is if you're hungry, you're probably not really nauseous. I've noticed that when I'm hungry my stomach usually gets pretty acidy as well. Also, for emets it's sometimes difficult to differentiate between hunger and nausea. Maybe you can try to eat some dry toast or maybe a few more crackers.

Default Re: Feeling very sick and scared

Everytime I start to feel fine, I think about eating and then I immediately start panicking because I don't want to eat and Im afraid that means I'm actually sick