Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need information asap!

I was helping my 4 year old niece clean her room and when I went to move her trash can she said "oh that's my puke bucket" I asked her if there was vomit in it and she said yes. Apparently she threw up in it roughly three weeks ago and never told her parents.

Will I get sick from touching that? I'm not sure how long it's contagious for.

Default Re: Need information asap!

wow, I can see why that has made you anxious! however, it mustnt of been a sv* or the whole house would of known So probably not contagious. Just be sure to wash your hands well, and try not to touch your face.

Thank you for the input. Neither her father, mother, or younger sister (who's only 3 months so I'm not sure if it'd affect her) got sick. What's making me so nervous is I don't remember if I put my hands in my mouth prior to washing them. Being an emetophobic though, putting my hands in my mouth is extremely rare. I have my college graduation Friday so that anxiety on top of the anxiety about worrying about coming down with the sv* is setting myself up for an anxiety attack!

Yea, that would be a stressful time for a lot of us! Im sure you didnt put your hands in your mouth at all before washing them. Hope you dont let your anxiety rob you of your special day! Congratulations! Try and do some deepbreathing exercises in the lead up to your graduation, there is heaps on you tube. Dont want you to think your excitement is anxiety is an sv* because sometimes they all seem the same!

Ok one, unless you actually stuck your hand in the bucket and rub it a little but then you most likely didn't touch anywhere near she threw up! Also by now it would have dried up (gross i know) and probably isn't as contagious, but i agree it sounds like it wasn't a sv* or else the family would have known! Also little kids sometimes tend to exaggerate, i knew a girl about 5 who said she had thrown up when really she had just spat into the toilet so you never know! I seriously wouldn't waste one minute worrying and look forward to your graduation, good luck!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Yeah I didn't come in contact with the v*.. I just touched the rim of the trash can. It's been 24 hours thus far so lets just hope I can go another 24 hours without any symptoms! Thank you guys SO much for talking to me. I've always had a fear of v*, but it wasnt until about 1.5 years ago that it really started affected my daily life. I've never had anyone to talk to that understands what I'm going thru (regardless as to what my parents/siblings or doctors think).

Waiting for the 48 hours to be over is the worst part but you will be absolutley fine! I'm the same, always had a fear but it only started affecting my life last year, now it's completly taken over! Thats why i like this site, because everyone understands exactly how you feel! I hope you are feeling better about it now!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"