Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified. Does this sound like the norovirus?

A little backstory briefly. I just had a death intthe family and my nerves are all over the place. Yesterday I came back from the service and all day had fast food with my boyfriend. Morning I had Chickfila sandwich with fries and a coke. Afternoon I had a burger from Sheetz with cheese and nacho cheese and a strawberry lemonade. For dinner I made chicken, cheese, and rice on a tortilla.
    Last night I started to feel off. My stomach felt full and uneasy. I ended up getting to sleep and I thought that was the end of it.
    This morning I woke with the same feeling. About an inch or so above and 3/4 inches to the left and right of my navel I have weird cramping. The kind that is alleviated by bending a bit.
    I went to the bathroom and had mild d.
    Thinking of eating terrifies me. I've had four pieces of cereal.
    I am at work and cannot go home.

Does this sound like the start of norovirus or just anxiety and nerves?

Default Re: Terrified. Does this sound like the norovirus?

It sounds like it's stress coupled with all the junk food you ate. Your body was bound to feel off! Try to stay calm and eat foods that are gentle on your tummy for the day (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). I can't eat any fast food without getting a stomachache. Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like stress and anxiety. I find with a sv it just hits you and there's no turning back. When it lingers like that it's more likely to be anxiety coupled probably with all the heavy food and your tummy is not thanking you :P
    Try to eat some plain food because if you don't eat the hunger can give you more nausea!

Thanks guys! I managed to finish a whole bowl of alphabits. I was feeling better but now my tummy is all tight again. It's the case where I can find positions that stretch the muscles and feel better though.

If it were sv would the bowl of cereal have made me v?

Mew, don't worry dear. You're okay Sometimes your stomach just likes to cramp up. Considering the food you ate, I'm not surprised your stomach felt a little funny. But you're not going to v*. Maybe don't eat junk or fast food for a bit to give your stomach a break. Drink some water, eat lighter foods, just so your stomach can recover from the junk You won't be sick, and it's not a sv from what you're describing. Your nerves will make everything seem worse, we all know that. You'll be just fine