Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh feel sick and scared and can't eat

I woke up today and for the duration of about half an hour I was ok. I was hungry. I was looking forward to breakfast. Then I got out of the shower and was hit by a wave of what I think is nausea but was probably a hunger pang. That was it though. It was over. I have barely nibbled this morning so far. I almost called in sick to work. I'm at work now and have no idea how I can make it today. I haven't been eating well this last week (I have had a lot of external stressors) and now when I try to eat it feels like my throat is rejecting what I'm eating.

I don't know how to tell if I'm hungry or sick. I feel like I'm losing my mind. And I have to fly on a plane tomorrow. Ugh. Please someone help me. No one understands and I drive my boyfriend crazy almost all the time with my constant fear of being sick. Sigh.

Default Re: Ugh feel sick and scared and can't eat

It sounds like anxiety, truly. And being over hungry. A combination of those 2 things. Try to relax yourself, and them maybe eat something that sounds very yummy to you.

Are you anxious about flying? Im going through something similar at the moment but I havent got anything other than my fear of being sick to make me anxious.

I am afraid of flying. The flying itself and the whole what if I throw up on the plane? I just made it through my first short flight and now I have to connect and fly for about an hour. Super nervous. Its always turbulent on this flight. And a super small plane. Ahh. Have barely eaten today so far :-(